Problem installing Hyper 212EVO on an Asus CM 6870 lga 1155

Jan 10, 2019
Hy guys , someone told me that the Hyper 212EVO would do on my Asus CM6870 with lga1155 socket ..... but i seem to have as usual the "thing" that makes it diffucult to install something on my motherboard . CPU i7-3770 intel . There seem to have given me short screws with the cooler ... cause once the cooler is in place "thermal paste " the cross is fixed on top of the silver square of the cooler with the hole in the middle .... the 4 screws on the cross that should fix in the 4 nuts with holes .... are missing a full half inch in lenght to be able to screw them in the 4 holes on top of the screws on the Motherboard .

Hope you guys follow . Do i have to take out the metal square pin that keeps the cpu to the motherboard to give more space for my short screws ?

Is it better to install hyper212evo on mother board out of case ?

What am imdoing wrong doc ? please help !

Solution
You should have finished the cooler installation outside the case, like in the video, it would have been a lot easier.
Do not bend the cross. The screws should be turned depending on socket so they can reach.
Those instructions are on the manual and it was on the video on 2:32
Jan 10, 2019

Hi and thanks for your help ... Did see that video and it helped a bit with install and there is also space in the case for the Hyper212 .... and i got it out ( motherboard ) and put the back plate in and it fits alright .... then put back the motherboard in case (screwed in) but when i try to put the cooler on the cpu ... the screws seems to miss 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch for them to reach the holes (4) . Do i have to bend the cross ( once corner screw in hole twist a bit ...) Then other end i push down and then screw in a bit ? This will bend the cross , to much for me the feel ok ..... i feel strange pushing that hard and bending the cross ( with 4 screws ) . Other question ..... there is a screw on the cross with a spring .... is it a screw that i have to turn to calibrate the "hight" of the cross on the cooler piece , this could help do you think ? It says on the Hyper212 box that it will fit on my LGA1155 and all the 115(....) series .

Hoping this will help you or anyone find whats the problem with my installation .

Again thank you for the help .

You should have finished the cooler installation outside the case, like in the video, it would have been a lot easier.
Do not bend the cross. The screws should be turned depending on socket so they can reach.
Those instructions are on the manual and it was on the video on 2:32

Solution
Jan 10, 2019
Thanks jojesa .... but will bring it to the geeks ... dont wanna break anything . I did get it out AGAIN (4times ) and even there i could not get the 4 screws to come closer to the holes ..... stil have to bend a bit the cross cause i'm missing at least 1/4 inch on all sides so ..... to the geeks it goes . Thanks for the help jojesa .