problem installing windows 10

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
i installed windows 10 iso file and made a boottable usb but when i try to install the os i get message a media drive your computer need is missing ... how can i solve this problem?

a media driver your computer needs is missing

is normally a problem with the install media

win8drivererror.jpg

This is the error the OP mentioned. This screen in the setup wizard is for loading drivers to detect hard drives or SSD's to install Windows to. If it was an issue with the install media itself, the OP would likely not even be getting to this point.

Edit: The other instance I have seen this issue come up (where there is nothing actually wrong with the drives installed in the machine) is when you try to boot the install media via a USB 3.0 port that is connected to a third party controller. That USB controller doesn't have access to the drives connected via the SATA ports, thus loading the appropriate drivers will not work regardless.

@ OP: That would be one other thing to check... that the USB stick that you're booting from to install Windows is not plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

its also an error message to do with the media

especially if used rufus to make the usb bootable--lots of people complaining about the latest version of rufus doing it

but yes check its in a usb 2.0 port not 3.0

believe it can also be caused by not having legacy usb turned on in the bios as well

I've never seen the media itself cause this specific issue, but I'll try setting up a couple with Rufus just in case. Got a couple systems here I can test on.

Edit: Good point. Not having Legacy USB enabled in the BIOS can definitely cause this as well.

yes i have definitely seen the media cause it personally

and somewhere in my best answers are 2 or 3 where rufus was the culprit--though they may have updated it again in the last month or so if lots of people complained about it

if the op replies with some more info though it would help

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
yeah i used rufus and it's usb 3 but it's not plugged into usb 3 port and i tried to install it with windows 7 update but i alwas get an error message at the end of the installation,and legacy mode is enabled,my system specs are;
cougar power x 80+ bronze 700w
core i3 2120 3.3 ghz
gtx 750 ti oc
gigabyte p61-usb3p motherboard
toshiba 2 tb hdd
8 gb ram
what software should i use to make the usb bootable?

Akr706

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014

Also check if AHCI mode is enabled in the bios.

i always use yumi never failed me yet

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014

AHCI mode was ide i changed it to AHCI but this didn't help,so i'll try using yumi

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014

i don't see in step 2 should i choose windows vista/7/8 cause the iso files didn't extract to the usb

yes tell it vista/7/8 then in next step tell it where your iso is then it will extract it and make it bootable

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014

it's not extracting if i choose other option it copy the iso file without extracting

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
when i lunch it on the computer i get a message: SPWIZENG.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.and another one :the file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or corrupted error code is [0xC1]

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014

i've done the same as you said but with windows 7/8 it doesn't extract i'll try the unlisted iso grub

samstalker

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014

i installed the iso file about 4 times , some are the new version some were the old version and i always get this message

probably not the iso then if you tried different ones

try running sfc /scannow tells you how here

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm