Question problem mobo Asus m5a97 le 2.0

Mar 4, 2021
Hello everyone!

Basically the other night I go to shut down my PC (clean shutdown)

In the morning I go to turn it on but: only the fans turn, the screen is all black and it doesn't even make the BIOS "beep", which I always have to go to in the BIOS to select which HDD to start the PC with.

I must say that I have tried them all .. I also started the MOBO without any USB attached, without RAM, without video card, I replaced the battery, tried a new power supply, switched on outside the case .. but nothing. I just don't understand how this happened and

Before declaring my motherboard dead ..

what else can i do?

Maybe it's a short circuit?

Thanks in advance :)

You might try redoing the thermal paste under the north bridge and south bridge chips as well as the CPU. I was using an ASUS motherboard of that age until recently and doing that gave me another couple of years use of it.

Everything else was fine so I finally just replaced the mobo and it's still running today for my secondary computer in the garage. The mobo was less than $100.

Mar 4, 2021
Posso provare a rimettere la pasta termica :D anche se ormai sono quasi convinto che non risolva il problema ...

Conosci una buona scheda madre ddr3 compatibile con il mio CPU AMD FX 8350 socket am3 +?