[SOLVED] Problem on booting

BenedettoDennis

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
Hi,I recently bought a new CPU and I updated the bios but since then on boot up it shows me something about recover BIOS settings.
(When RAID configuration was built,ensure to set SATA Configuration to RAID mode.)
I tried to set some settings on bios but every time I shut down the PC the setting resets.I searched this error and everyone says it's CMOS battery's fault,so I bought a new one but still the same error on boot.
Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350M-K
CPU:Ryzen 5 1600 AF
RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2X8) DDR4 2400MHz
GPU:ASUS Radeon RX 560

BenedettoDennis

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
Hm, that's weird. I agree with "everybody" in this certainly have the appearance of being a cmos battery problem.

If that is not the case, have you considered switching back to your old CPU just to see if that in fact is the problem ?
It did the same thing I remember.Before I changed the CPU I had to do bios update because the motherboard didn't recognised the new CPU

Ok, can we clarify a couple of things (yes/no options) ?
  • Have you solved the CPU issue (you've installed the yzen 5 1600 AF by now) ?
  • Have you stil an issue with mobo doesn't remember bios settings ?
You can try to disconnect moat components attached to mainboard and see if that make any difference. Otherwise I'd recommend you trying to contact the manufacturer and ask them the same.

How long since your bought the motherboard anyways? Can you RMA it?

BenedettoDennis

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
Ok, can we clarify a couple of things (yes/no options) ?
  • Have you solved the CPU issue (you've installed the yzen 5 1600 AF by now) ?
  • Have you stil an issue with mobo doesn't remember bios settings ?
You can try to disconnect moat components attached to mainboard and see if that make any difference. Otherwise I'd recommend you trying to contact the manufacturer and ask them the same.

How long since your bought the motherboard anyways? Can you RMA it?
Yes the problem with the processor has been solved a long time ago.
And yes I still have the American Megatrends problem.
I don't remember the bios settings but still in vain because the settings can't be saved
No I can't return it,I bought it in 2017-2018
I'll try to take a picture of the error, maybe this will help with something,I will put it shortly after I post this message first.

UPDATE:I can't upload the photo on site so I will write everyting from the error.

AMBIOS(C)2019 American Megatrends,Inc.

ASUS PRIME B350M-K ACPI BIOS Revision 5220
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
Speed:3200MHz

Total memory:16384MB (DDR4-2400)

USB Devices total:0 Drive,3 Keyboards, 1 Mouse,0 Hub

Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices
SATA6G_3 WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0
SATA6G_4 WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0

Please enter setup to recover BIOS settings.
When RAID configuration was built,esure to set SATA configuration to RAID mode.
Press F1 to Run SETUP

Last edited:

BenedettoDennis

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
No, I didn't touch the raid configuration. I got two drives one for windows and games and separate one only for games,1T each.The exact model is WD Blue 1TB, 7200rpm, 64MB cache, SATA III

BenedettoDennis

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
Clear the cmos configuration by moving the jumpers.
https://www.google.com/search?q=asu...ome..69i57.15883j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

After you attempted to do this and the motherboard is still giving you that error.
I suggest you look into a newer motherboard with less issues.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-b450-gam...bERDhn0LGb1IlRTTF7gaArOiEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I don't have a jumper on the motherboard and can't find CLR_CMOS but I found CLRTC sign but without any pins...
So if you can give me a picture of the location where the jumper should be I can put the screwdriver in its place,the model is ASUS PRIME B350M-K

BenedettoDennis

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
Resetting is not the problem but the saving.I think I reset the bios because the time in the bios was 00:00 and still not saving the default settings.
But I noticed something that is likely to cause the problem is an error in windows at startup says scan drive for errors and when I click it nothing happens.
I tried to leave the computer on sleep but when I opened it the monitor and keyboard lights no longer turned on.