Problem on sharp MX-3640

Glowing

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Hi, everyone I recently got this printer very good deal. What is happening is I am trying to print something in a word document but the printer warms up wants to do it but will not. What it can do is I can copy a paper on it and that is it. How would I be able to print off this thing without using the internet or is there a factory reset that I can do on it, so it can ?

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
Generally, when you send a print job and see the printer respond (warming up, lighting up, or whatever), and then nothing happens; it's because there is a problem with the print driver and/or a print setting. When the printer detects a fatal error in the job, it will discard the job. This can be fixed by making sure you have the correct driver installed for that specific printer.

Another cause with enterprise level equipment happens if there are print securities enabled on the printer/copier that aren't being met with the print job. Most commonly I see printers that are setup to require a job code or print code to process a print job. Somewhere in the print driver there may be a place to enter this code. Organizations use this to meter how many pages a person can print, restrict who can print altogether, or restrict access to features like color printing. That would mean that somewhere in the printer's configuration (probably via HTTPS), there is a list of user codes and access rights.

Factory reset is probably available through the HTTPS administration interface.

good luck!

Glowing

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014

If I do not have the admin password. Would there be a way to reset it without it ?