Question problem overclocking ram

Jan 11, 2020
Please help me i'm very scared at this point i tried overclocking my ram from 2666mhz to 3000 and when i try to boot my pc my monitor turns on but doesn't shows anything can you tell me if i reinstall windows from a bootable will it work again?

No, try resetting your BIOS. What motherboard do you have? Does it have a BIOS reset button on it?

If you don't have a BIOS reset button:
unplug your PC entirely from the power source > locate your Motherboard's battery (the little circle 3V battery) take it out and hold the computer's power button for 30 seconds > let go of the button and put the battery back in > plug in the PC to power.

It should reset your BIOS settings so the RAM would be set to default speeds.

Jan 6, 2020
jesus guys thanks so much i thought my pc will "die"
It's all good, I had a similar thing happened to me, I overclocked my 9700k to 5ghz but set the voltage too low, it wouldn't even power up. I turned everything off and removed the battery for a few seconds and put it back in and it restored the optimised settings. It's nothing to worry about and I doubt it'll be the last time it happens to you.

Jan 12, 2020
I recently overvlocked my 3600mhz trident z royale ram from 3200mhz to 3600 and it wouldn’t post so I reset the motherboard like you said and now it boots to bios and I get the post code A9 which happened before and my friend fixed it but never told me how, it was somewhere in the settings that just wasn’t allowing it to boot and he disabled it and it worked fine, I have a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero mobo

Reactions: Luke H./
Jan 6, 2020
I recently overvlocked my 3600mhz trident z royale ram from 3200mhz to 3600 and it wouldn’t post so I reset the motherboard like you said and now it boots to bios and I get the post code A9 which happened before and my friend fixed it but never told me how, it was somewhere in the settings that just wasn’t allowing it to boot and he disabled it and it worked fine, I have a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero mobo
Yeah, so all good now?

Jan 6, 2020
Yeah, so all good now?

Jan 12, 2020
No he fixed it when we first put in my new mobo and processor and it’s something to do with the motherboard, it was some random setting that was on by default that wouldn’t allow it to boot to windows, and that was like 2 months ago and he doesn’t remember anymore

Reactions: Luke H./