Question Problem porting modded Fallout 4 to new PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I have installed Fallout 4 through my Steam library and reinstalled 51 out of 53 mods through Nexus/Vortex. I have also copied my entire Fallout 4 folder to a USB stick and installed it on the new PC. All 51 mods are working perfectly as they did on the old PC. The last 2 mods are no longer available on Nexus. I went into my Vortex folder on the old PC and copied them to USB stick and pasted them into the Vortex folder on the new PC. Pretty straight forward. Everything should be working fine but it isn't. The mod in question is CWSS Redux. The mod that gives you working showers and toilets and I think ovens too. Everywhere I had placed these items is empty in my game now. I have tried saving the CWSS file to my desktop and pointing Vortex to it but there are 3 files and I can only choose one which obviously doesn't work. I have tried dragging all 3 files into the "drop" area in Vortex. That doesn't work either. The other mod, Seasons (fall) was pasted into my Vortex folder and it is working just fine. I cannot figure out what the problem is with CWSS??

I have also tried pasting all 3 files into the Fallout 4 data folder. That doesn't work either. Strange because all the other mods are in there as well as in the Vortex folder.

Last edited:

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I got a bunch of suggestions on the Fallout 4 Steam discussion page. If anyone else runs into this problem here is what I learned.

For some reason, copying the mod files from the old PC and pasting them into the mod folder on the new PC doesn't work. If you go to the Vortex settings and the download tab it will show you where your files are. This location has the 7 zip file that contains the archives you need for Vortex to do it's thing. You then need to use "install from file" tab in Vortex to add the mod.

I used a newer version of the mod that is on the author's dropbox. At this point I think the newer version is why it isn't working. I believe I need to copy the 7 zip file off the old PC and use THAT one for it to work on my current game save. Wasted too much time on this. May or may not try to get it working again at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.