Problem Start up Disc on ASUS Z170 Pro-Gaming Mobo

hcanst

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
So I just built a PC and am having trouble with the DVD startup disc that was provided with the Mobo. My system recognized and ran the Windows 7 installation disc as well as my MSI graphics card disc but will not steadily read the disc provided by ASUS (sounds like the disc starts being read, but then fails and restarts the attempt). It will sometimes recognize the disc existing but will fail to download the drivers after I hit install.

Because I do not have the initial drivers, I cannot access the internet and it will not recognize the USB drive that I have some drivers on. Weirdly it recognizes my keyboard and mouse but will not recognize the USB drive.

Has anyone had this problem before? Or is there any suggested fixes that I could try?

Thanks

popatim

Titan
Looks like you have internet access so download the drivers to a flash drive and install them on the new pc using that.
Thats my preferred method anyways. The drivers are available on your motherbds support page on asus.com
http://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Z170%20PRO%20GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

hcanst

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

I have thought of this, but my computer isn't showing that my flashdrive is attached. Which is strange as my keyboard and mouse work on it. So I cannot switch them onto my new computer. Any ideas why this would be?

joe90_remy700

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
very top of the rear i/o panel are the usb 2.0 ports they are black. try putting usb stick there first.
is your installation dvd scratched at all? can you run the disk and select what to/not to install?
i have the opposite problem with the same board; drivers are there on existing os but cannot get win7 to install as "drivers are missing" and usb stick is not seen during installation. other bigger issues i have mean i am swapping it out at the retailer tomorrow for something other that asus