Problem transferring pictures from Kodak DX3500

My mother has been using this camera fine for a few years now I guess. It
has a 64Mb flash memory card but this problem occurs with out without
using the card. I'm thinking that last night's storm might have zapped
the camera. Anyhow, you can take pictures and view them in the camera
fine. When you put the camera in the dock and press the button, XP pops
up it's little wizard and you can preview the pictures just fine. The
problem is after they are transferred, the full size pictures are
corrupted. So unless the camera stores separate thumbnails for each
picture, it appears the full pictures are being corrupted by the transfer
process some how. I've only tried XP's native image acquisition wizard
and I've tried transferring the files from the camera to the harddrive
manually with explorer. Same results.
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/DCP_0939.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/DCP_0940.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/DCP_0941.jpg

Next I'm going to try updating the camera's firmware and install the
EasyShare software (although it's worked fine without either until today).

Any other recommendations on what to try?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:30:21 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>My mother has been using this camera fine for a few years now I guess. It
>has a 64Mb flash memory card but this problem occurs with out without
>using the card. I'm thinking that last night's storm might have zapped
>the camera. Anyhow, you can take pictures and view them in the camera
>fine. When you put the camera in the dock and press the button, XP pops
>up it's little wizard and you can preview the pictures just fine. The
>problem is after they are transferred, the full size pictures are
>corrupted. So unless the camera stores separate thumbnails for each
>picture, it appears the full pictures are being corrupted by the transfer
>process some how. I've only tried XP's native image acquisition wizard
>and I've tried transferring the files from the camera to the harddrive
>manually with explorer. Same results.
>http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/DCP_0939.jpg
>http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/DCP_0940.jpg
>http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/DCP_0941.jpg
>
>Next I'm going to try updating the camera's firmware and install the
>EasyShare software (although it's worked fine without either until today).
>
>Any other recommendations on what to try?

No one?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Greetings Michael,

I appreciate your situation Mike, and want to help. A review of the samples
you posted below tell me you likely have a camera problem? A good test
would be to take some pictures on a newly formatted card that you know is
OK. Capture a few pictures and try them on someone elses computer or at a
store. If the images appear OK then it is something other than the camera,
but if not you need to get the camera serviced or trade up to a new one. :-(

Talk to you soon Mike, let me know if you think I can help.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company