Problem with a new build - PC randomly blackscreens and is unresponsive

Jul 30, 2018
A few weeks ago I put together a new system for gaming/compiling. Everything has worked fine for the most part, up until the last week or so.

Around once a day, the system will become completely unresponsive. No output signal to the monitors or my headset, no signs of it taking keyboard/mouse input. However, the system appears to be on. All the peripherals still have power, and the case lights and fans are still running. But no response - even the power button is useless. This happened maybe once between when it was first booted and this week, but it was totally isolated until now so I sort of just shrugged my shoulders about it.

Initially I thought it might be a power delivery problem. I have another PSU (in the wrong form factor) sitting around that I want to try hot-swapping to see if it changes, but the problem is nearly impossible to replicate since it happens randomly. Also, according to every third-party PSU wattage estimator I can find, I'm well within the limits of my PSU. And if it WAS a power supply issue, it doesn't make sense that all the internal lights and fans keep running.

Right now I'm thinking it might be a motherboard issue, which presents me with several more problems. For one, it's an ITX build and it would be a huge pain in the ass to pull the thing out. Two, I'm driving back to school in <2 weeks so I don't really have time to RMA it before then. Three, this is my only system now, and having it inoperable for however long the RMA takes would be a problem, especially at school.

Here are my specs, if there's any more necessary information just ask:

Ryzen 7 1800X @3.6Ghz
16GB DDR4-2933Mhz
GTX 1060 3GB
Corsair SF600 SFX PSU

Windows 10 Education, build 17134.191
GeForce Game ready driver is on version 398.36

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Solution
First, go to the event viewer to see there are any errors. From those errors you may find the info.
Like this :https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/