Question Problem with Adonics NAS Adapter ?

requiredAlias

Prominent
Feb 19, 2022
Hope this is the right place.
I have an Addonics NAS 4.0 Adapter (NAS40ESU)
I have it set up properly as per instructions.

Power button is solid green. Status button is on, but dim. which, according to the manual is "dark or dim to indicate a problem." Not very helpful. No response from Addonics.
Anyone here know the cause/solution?
FWIW, trying to add a 1TB HD to a network switch.

Also FWIW, when connected, I should be able to access it by typing http://addnas in my browser. worked once a few days ago, but I went to the physical nas4desu to check the lights. Status light was dim. when I got back to the browser, connection to addnas was lost.

kanewolf

Titan
Hope this is the right place.
I have an Addonics NAS 4.0 Adapter (NAS40ESU)
I have it set up properly as per instructions.

Power button is solid green. Status button is on, but dim. which, according to the manual is "dark or dim to indicate a problem." Not very helpful. No response from Addonics.
Anyone here know the cause/solution?
FWIW, trying to add a 1TB HD to a network switch.

Also FWIW, when connected, I should be able to access it by typing http://addnas in my browser. worked once a few days ago, but I went to the physical nas4desu to check the lights. Status light was dim. when I got back to the browser, connection to addnas was lost.
What enclosure or adapter is this 1TB drive ? Does the disk drive have a separate power supply or get power from USB ? If USB, have you tried a powered USB hub ?
What does the Addonics do if no disk drives are connected?

requiredAlias

Prominent
Feb 19, 2022
What enclosure or adapter is this 1TB drive ? Does the disk drive have a separate power supply or get power from USB ? If USB, have you tried a powered USB hub ?
What does the Addonics do if no disk drives are connected?

Enclosure? None. USB HD. Self-contained. draws power from the Addonics I guess. I have a USB hub, but it has no power source.
Addonics plugged in with no devices attached - Power and Source are solid bright some color.