Question Problem with audio-popping through speakers ?

Apr 24, 2021
I've had audio-popping through speakers on Windows 10 for about a month now on HDMI and has carried over through reinstallation of the OS ?

As mentioned above I've been having audio popping issues on videos and games for awhile now, it carries over through my speakers connected to the realtek drivers device, as well as my monitor connected through HDMI and headphones too.I tried my local repairman who said he had no idea what was causing it besides possibly the OS, but even that was a stretch. The pops do not seem to be random, certain pitches and sounds in videos seem to affect it, I can rewind to a part of the video where it pops and it will keep popping. I have also messed around with all the sample rates with Hz and they all have the same issue.

I have had many troubles with this computer outside of audio so it may be connected to them for all I know.

Here's my pc build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2PWJCL

Thanks for your time.

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the PSU?

Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even mining?

Verify that all external cables are fully and firmly connected. Swap in other known working cables (from systems with no audio-popping) if at all possible.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all internal cables, connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.,

Sketch out a simple but clear diagram showing all connected devices (computer, speakers, displays, power outlets, etc.) and the cables connecting those devices.

Post the diagram here using imgur. (www.imgur.com)

Apr 24, 2021
How old is the PSU?

Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even mining?

Verify that all external cables are fully and firmly connected. Swap in other known working cables (from systems with no audio-popping) if at all possible.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all internal cables, connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.,

Sketch out a simple but clear diagram showing all connected devices (computer, speakers, displays, power outlets, etc.) and the cables connecting those devices.

Post the diagram here using imgur. (www.imgur.com)
I've had the pc for only like 5 months now, I honestly don't know enough about computers to really make a diagram or swap out parts and such, my repairman had it built for me since I'm new to it, I've had audio distortion ever since the PC was built though so I have to wonder if this is just an evolution of the problem. I did dust everything out multiple times over the last week or 2.

Ralston18

Titan
The diagram does not need to be fancy: mostly just what is connected to what and how those connections are being made. External connections. PC to monitor, to speakers, etc.. Connections to routers, printers, and other devices (surge protectors, power bars/strips, UPS.) The "big picture" look.

However, that said there are still options:

PC 5 months old and repairman (?) had it built for you: who was the actual builder? Is there any warranty on the system?

I think it unlikely that the problem is the OS. However, the repairman/builder should be making some meaningful effort to find and fix the problem.

Google "audio pops and crackles" and limit the search criteria to the last year or so. May simply be a loose internal connection.

Read a few of the links that you find. No need to immediately react to or otherwise do what those links suggest. The purpose is just for you to learn more about possible causes and conditions that result in pops and crackles. You may become aware of other factors thus far not noted or perhaps overlooked.

Post what you find and/or feel free to ask questions about something else that may come into question.

[Moderator Note: Moving thread to Home Audio. More applicable category.]

There may be other ideas and suggestions posted.

Apr 24, 2021
Had to fully reinstall windows 10 since audio distortion I beaten awhile ago came back and I thought a system restore would fix it, system restore screwed up my pc Which it didn't used to do until awhile ago, now I'm realizing its an every time occurence. , but with the fresh window 10 boot the audio distortion and the popping persisted. So it probably may have been something that re-emerged as I was cleaning my pc out. Will try the latencymon stuff, I don't know anything really about the internal specs of a pc or where anything goes, but since the distortion was around since the PC was initially built it was probably something I screwed up. I will try gently pushing in any cables I can see again when I look inside of it again in a moment.

I don't think theres a warranty on the system since it was a bunch of parts, and the repairman is the only one around here with any sort of computer knowledge from what I know so I sorta had to rely on him