Problem with Corsair link

An Unnamed User

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
Does anyone know how I can solve this: my fans were running quietly and my CPU temperature was more than reasonable, about two days ago I installed Corsair link software, I opened this up and immediately my fans started becoming much louder so I uninstalled it thinking "well ok then i guess I won't use thi"s" I also ticked the remove configurations file option so to undo any changes to these made by the software, but my fan speed did not change back.

I should add: while Corsair link was running the fan speed suddenly exhibited huge fluctuations, this does not happen any more since I uninstalled it but the fan speed is still the same as when the software changed it, any idea on how I can fix it (motherboard gigabyte gaming 5 EU, thought this might be relevant if the fix involves the bios)
*Don't click the links, android is stupid and links useless ads

Solution
I have Corsair Link as well but heard of some issues with fan speeds so I bought a custom fan controller and use that instead. I only use link to monitor temps.

However, this might be related to why. (see link below). There is a few things you can try to do first, like reinstall Link and try to set everything back to default then uninstall. Also make sure you are not using some 3rd party programs that control fans curves like MSI Afterburner. Try to set everything back to defaults.

Same goes for BIOS, depending on your board and BIOS version you may have custom fan options set in the BIOS. Try setting them back to defaults as well.

Once everything is back to default and we can verify only one software is used to control the fan...
I have Corsair Link as well but heard of some issues with fan speeds so I bought a custom fan controller and use that instead. I only use link to monitor temps.

However, this might be related to why. (see link below). There is a few things you can try to do first, like reinstall Link and try to set everything back to default then uninstall. Also make sure you are not using some 3rd party programs that control fans curves like MSI Afterburner. Try to set everything back to defaults.

Same goes for BIOS, depending on your board and BIOS version you may have custom fan options set in the BIOS. Try setting them back to defaults as well.

Once everything is back to default and we can verify only one software is used to control the fan curves. Then use Link or your perferred software and readjust fan curves as you desire.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118661

Solution