[SOLVED] Problem with Dell SE2717H Monitor

Anonemus7

Honorable
Aug 2, 2016
Hi there. I recently built a computer and everything was going fine, until suddenly my monitor began giving me this error message. Now, this isn’t an uncommon message, I’ve found plenty of threads about it. However, the problem is almost all solutions I have found involved actually having windows. This problem occurred during my BIOS Setup. In fact, it started after I restarted the computer in an attempt to fix a separate problem when BIOS wasn’t detecting my boot drive. I don’t really know what to do because I can literally access nothing on my computer and can’t seem to be able to access BIOS. And for the record, I didn’t mess with any display or monitor related settings in BIOS. Help would be greatly appreciated, this is a very stressful situation.
Relevant Specs:
Monitor - Dell SE2717H
Motherboard - ASUS Prime B560-PLUS
GPU - Radeon RX 6600 XT

Solution
Have you tried resetting the CMOS by pulling the battery on the motherboard? At least this way you'll get a fresh start to see if it wasn't a BIOS setting that caused this.

Any chance of testing with another monitor? Also I'm assuming you're plugged directly into the GPU as the CPU doesn't have an integrated GPU anyway.
Have you tried resetting the CMOS by pulling the battery on the motherboard? At least this way you'll get a fresh start to see if it wasn't a BIOS setting that caused this.

Any chance of testing with another monitor? Also I'm assuming you're plugged directly into the GPU as the CPU doesn't have an integrated GPU anyway.

Solution

Anonemus7

Honorable
Aug 2, 2016

Yea I’m plugged into the GPU. I’ll try to reset the CMOS, and if all else fails I have a friend who can come by with a monitor and a different HDMI cord.

Anonemus7

Honorable
Aug 2, 2016

Reseting CMOS worked. I don’t know what I might’ve done to have caused this in the first place, but I’ll be more cautious.