[SOLVED] Problem with DOCP on ASUS PRIME B450M-A II ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbert27

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
I can't get my RAM modules to 3200 speed via DOCP. It won't let me boot ?

My rig is:

MB Asus Prime B450M-A II
AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6 cores 3.2
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16G (2X8)

Can someone help me?

Solution
Memory might be an issue if are odd timings, what CL are they? If not know then upload screenshot (use imgur) of spd tab in cpuz.

Ryzen likes even timings so you could try adjust manually instead of using docp automatic profile. You'll need to set dram voltage to 1.35v yourself and possibly soc voltage between 1.1 ~ 1.2v.

Ram slots also is important so they are best in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu.

If there is a Bios update for improved memory compatibility, i would also do that.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Memory might be an issue if are odd timings, what CL are they? If not know then upload screenshot (use imgur) of spd tab in cpuz.

Ryzen likes even timings so you could try adjust manually instead of using docp automatic profile. You'll need to set dram voltage to 1.35v yourself and possibly soc voltage between 1.1 ~ 1.2v.

If there is a Bios update for improved memory compatibility, i would also do that.

Solution

qbert27

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015

EHkCSsl.jpg

Slots are the 2nd and 4th as you said

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Correct slots and timings are fine. Could be the ram isn't completely compatible, did think of that first when seeing the model name, lpx series hasn't played nice with Ryzen in the past. So either try manually adjust ram, update bios if applicable, or change ram for Gskill CL14 3200 (Samsung bdie), IC based ram Ryzen likes best.

qbert27

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
Correct slots and timings are fine. Could be the ram isn't completely compatible, did think of that first when seeing the model name, lpx series hasn't played nice with Ryzen in the past. So either try manually adjust ram, update bios if applicable, or change ram for Gskill CL14 3200 (Samsung bdie), IC based ram Ryzen likes best.
What IC means?

Status
Not open for further replies.