Question Problem with Dual Graphic cards W10

maxit0

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Hi friends.

I have 2 video cards in my system one RX460 4gb and one R9 280x

In the beginning I only had the Rx460 and everything was fine, now I install the R9 280 series to the system and when I run an application on the second monitor which is connected to the R9 the application is still using the processing power of the Rx460.

I understand that the pc would have to use the power of the R9 correct?

I do this to unlock the RX460 and be able to run several applications, my main idea was that 1 application would use the Rx460 and the other application the R9 but this does not happen like that.

I attach a screenshot
IUw6NQJ.png

I want to use the Rx460 for LostArk and the R9 for Mir4 but although they are on different monitors the 2 applications use the same video card

jTRGL03.png

Do you have any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
i don't know exactly why that's happening, but i think i have a solution can you try to go to windows graphics setting (from the windows setting section) and set which GPU to use for the app yourself?

maxit0

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
i don't know exactly why that's happening, but i think i have a solution can you try to go to windows graphics setting (from the windows setting section) and set which GPU to use for the app yourself?

hello friend, thanks for your answer.
If I do that it only shows me the Rx460 no matter what power profile I use

neS9nzf.png

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
hello friend, thanks for your answer.
If I do that it only shows me the Rx460 no matter what power profile I use

neS9nzf.png
i'm not sure then, you can try this thread over to someone who had a similar problem (albeit with a different GPU)

Reactions: maxit0

maxit0

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
i'm not sure then, you can try this thread over to someone who had a similar problem (albeit with a different GPU)

I'll check that mate, thanks a lot for your help.

maxit0

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011

I did the check of that post and the problem was the system no recognize the video card
In my case the card is recognized. I could notice that he comments that to solve his problem I change the way he works in the bios but mine already did that automatically by placing the 2 in x8

rx460

47iPQPD.png
tzt8uzS.png

R9

WlRGNBw.png
VI33xDB.png

Searching the internet I found that windows used to have an option that allowed you to select which video card the application was going to run but that option is no longer available or at least in my case it is no longer available, I saw it in one of the initial versions w10