Question Problem with EC FW, no signal on monitor after restart

Oct 27, 2022
i am updating my motherboard bios because i intend to update my processor.For this i need to install the T51c version.But in the T40 bios version i need to install a program called EC FW Update Tool. the problem is that when I try to install/update EC FW, the computer restarts on its own and I get no signal on the screen. is it supposed to do that? or am i doing something wrong?

MOBO:gigabyte ab350m gaming 3

current cpu: Ryzen 2600

Upgrade to: Ryzen 5600

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
If you're working in Microsoft's Windows OS environment, see if running the executable in an elevate command helps you, i.e, Right click executable(for the EC FW)>Run as Administrator. Might I ask which EC FW you're trying to work with and where you sourced it from?

This thread might be a good read;

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022
If you're working in Microsoft's Windows OS environment, see if running the executable in an elevate command helps you, i.e, Right click executable(for the EC FW)>Run as Administrator. Might I ask which EC FW you're trying to work with and where you sourced it from?

This thread might be a good read;
It does run as admin... I also got a txt file that has the word PASS written after i unpluged the PSU cable, is that it?

i got it from the gigabyte utility list btw.

thanks!