Question Problem with G. Skill Trident Z RGB

meitou

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I'm having a little issue with my trident Z RGB.

I'm not able to permenantly set the color of my leds, therefore I always need to have the G Skill software running in order to have the LEDS display my color profile, else it runs the default Rainbow color wave. Does anyone know if it's possible to save the color profile to the ram's physical memory rather than having the software control it.

PC Specs:
MOBO: x570 Aorus Elite with newest BIOS
RAM: Trident Z RGB
CPU: 3800x

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If the software doesn't have an option to start up on boot, just set a Windows Task, it'll bypass the UAE and start with Windows load, and then set it to minimize to tray. Load time may take a second or two longer, but you'll not need to keep manually starting it to get the profile.

Reactions: DMAN999

dunlapc308

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
The software does have an option to launch at startup. I just put the same ran in my new build, and I agree, it's kind of annoying to watch everything else match my white and yellow color scheme at boot but the ram is rainbow until windows launches the app. Not sure, but there may be a way to do it with your Mobo? My aorus elite x570 can control the color too, but it's also a software only thing. So my Mobo is orange and ram is rainbow during startup.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Boot usually takes 15-25 seconds on average, from a cold start to internet ready in windows with a decent Sata ssd and the normal amount of craptastic gunk ppl have in their pc's, so color changes on startup should be happening around the 10-15 second point after button push. Since it's software and not hardware set, it's going to be one of those annoying 1st world issues you'll just have to live with. About the only thing you can do to speed up the process is prioritize the bootload so that that particular app starts as soon as possible, before other apps startup, and thats beyond my pay grade to figure out how it's done.