Problem with High CPU Usage, Windows 10

Jan 21, 2019
Hello,

First, i would like to say sorry if my english is not perfect, its not my native language

I have a probleme with my pc, i'll try to explain everything to you !
I bought and install my pc 4 years ago, here is the specs :

Msi 970 nvidia 4gb
i5 4690k from intel not OC
Asus maximus ranger vii
8gb RAM
550W power
HDD 1t

So I didnt have any problem since 2 days ago, when I install win 10 with a fresh install not a update from 7,
I bought a SSD and install the windows on the SSD, format the HDD
So I install the drivers ( VGA,AUDIO,Chipset, sata, lan ) and start installing my apps and games.
Windows update says everything is fine.
I did some research on how to optimize the ssd life, so I change some settings, nothing too important I think.

When I start play csgo, I saw and feel alot of fps drops, I went check online and did some changes and I did get a bit more fps but its not stable. I have 250-300 fps (depends on what map) but when I start shot, or use anything like smokes flashes, I lose almost 150fps, but all in 1second.

at the beggining I tought it was from csgo or steam, but after that I saw that my CPU usage are very high with every app I use. With cs and cs only it goes to 80-90%, with firefox (only) 30-60%. Everything I do, or launch it uses alot of cpu usage. When I open the task manager I don't see other programs that use alot of the cpu, its only the app or game i'm using that time.

So I already try to check in your forums, alot of people have post the same issue, but I didnt find a solution yet thats why i'm posting it now.

Things I already tried: Disable Xbox, reinstalling steam/csgo, Disable win 10 options like notifications, share.. Installing msi afterburn to check temps, both gpu and cpu are fine..

I didnt have this issue before installing the SSD and update to windows 10

Windows works fine, much faster with the ssd, I install all the apps and games on the HDD. CPU usage are around 0-5% when I do not launch any app or playing games.

I have 3 options that I didnt check yet because i'm not sure if its right to do:
SSD says ( need to optimize ) I have the schedule ON to automatic optimize, maybe the windows dont work fine in the ssd because of that? ( not sure )
Update Bios: I bought the composants in 2015,Din't update the bios since.
550W not enough with the ssd and HDD on? ( but I don't think this will affect the cpu usage..)

Hopefully you can help me on this. I'm trying everything since 2 days..

A very high fps potential can actually overwhelm connection bandwidth whatever CS/GO server(s)you are connected to, depending on the both your connection and the server's connection as well....; try capping your FPS to 60 fps and see if game is more stable on-line.

There is no 'free lunch' on frame rates....

Additionally, high cpu usage for quad core CPUs is commonplace these days, I'd not go overboard trying to 'fix' this if otherwise satisfied with gaming performance...(your card is adequate at 1080P for most games)

8 GB of RAM is somewhat marginal these days for gaming w/ Win10.

Jan 21, 2019
Csgo is not the problem, I have the same issue with any other app or program I use.
Another solution I think will maybe help is to do another clean install OS on SSD. But yeah ! I don't know what to do more to fix this. :(

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Unusual problem. My thinking it could be how Windows is managing the application in use. Could be permissions, security, background running apps within Windows.

Have a look here and see if anything helps. Read the comments too.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/runtime-broker-high-cpu-usage-windows-10/

Your psu is fine, if it wasn't enough you'd have reboots/shutdowns.

Windows 10 itself is very good at handling ssds and their life span is non issue. There could be an adjustment made causing problems?

Jan 7, 2019
Actually, booting issues on any Windows-based platform is really very frequent basically for high CPU usage. The users may take proper guidance from https://errorcode0x.com/fix-windows-10-freezing-on-startup/ that will provide an actual solution to recover their troubles effortlessly.

Jan 21, 2019

I did a clean install on the ssd again, didn't make any changes and still not working propely :( I don't know what to do

Jan 21, 2019
mdd1963 - Like you said, games are performing ''ok'' but games like csgo, pubg.. I lose fps, and games who are not CPU usage and more GPU are lagging and fps drops when I put a limit on fps. example : block the fps at 60fps and I have like 25 to 40fps. when I do that, cpu usage is alot better but I lose alot of fps and the game its not playable, the screen freezes for like 0.5s every 5s. But when I don't block the fps at 60, the fps goes crazy to 170 - 200 and cpu usage goes crazy too and I start losing fps too but not freezing screen.. Sorry for bad english aha