Firstly my system spec which is a brand new build:
i5-4670
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Corsair CX750M
Ati R9 380
Hyperx Fury 8G (1 DIMM)
Crucial SSD 250G
WD 1TB

Since i build my computer it is like it has a self of its own. It was working fine then about 1 day after it was not switching off. When i would switch it off it would not start after. I had to try the unplug and hold button for 30 sec trick and it will boot. I dismantle it and saw that mobo was not sitting very good on the case so i corrected that and while i was touching the corner of the mobo then everything lighted up for 2 sec and then was off. I understood that it was a discharge. Then computer was fine. After 1 day again the same. I would press the button 10 times and it would boot after 10 minuters or so. Well i found out 2 things: Firstly, bios was losing time every time i closed the computer and started after because there were times that it was running ok. Secondly, i saw that with many software the +12 voltage connector was 11.028 although the bios was noting 12.028V. I tried everything. Reinstalled windows on both drives and started each one individually. Nothing computer would start whenever it wants and wont close sometimes or close normally. I tried with the basic only but again the same. I updated bios the same again. Changed bios battery but nothing. Well I took the PSU from a friend which was old but worked fine and the voltage was above +12. Tried my PSU to another system and it worked fine with the correct voltages. At some point i was touching the power connector of the drives and the computer, because it didnt switched off normally and had to use the power button, started with only the lights flashing and fans working like it had some spare power charge saved on it. Also at some point i was removing and reinserting the RAM and it was powerin on normally. So i think it must be the MOBO that maybe was fried from the beginning when it was not correctly sitting on the case or it was faulty from the beginning. BTW ram voltage is 1.488 instead of 1.5V if it makes any more difference.
I hope you can help me or at least maybe think something i hadnt try yet.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you include the Chassis in your specs? Also did you test the PSU on a machine that had the same power draw as your system? If your system powers up after swapping ram modules across slots or even reinstalling them then it can and will be your PSU being defective. I'd suggest taking the motherboard back to the seller for an RMA and also change the PSU as it isn't a reliable unit(although it's of Corsair).

Rule out your ram being the faulty piece of the puzzle by running memtes86 for 10 passes. If any errors come up while reaching pass #10 then they are the culprit.