Question Problem with my computer when starts

Sep 15, 2020
Hey guys, I have recently purchased and changed my old computer with new components:

From a i5 3330 3.0 GHz to a i5 9400F 2.9 GHz / Changed the moba from a Z77A-G41 to a Gigabyte B365M DS3H WiFi / Ram from 2x4GB HyperX Blu 1600MHz to 2x8GB HyperX Fury Black 2666MHz and keep my old video GTX 1060 6GB Strix (ROG). I've been using it with my PSU Antec 500W 80Plus Bronze and when I start the computer, it restarts likely 3 times and at the 4th time it works normal and stable. It's like the power supply isn't giving enough power to start it in a stable frequency. The question is... is the PSU giving that problem?

*NOTE: I've changed the start up order in the BIOS of the MOBA (because it's new) into first: SSD (where windows is installed), sencond in my HDD and third in standard (it figure my SSD once again) and error still appear. I will be fully grated if someone gets the idea and help me because I don't have enough money for a new PSU at the moment and I'm thinking about sacrifying myself to buy a 600W PSU.

And another question: Is this problem gonna burn something? I think not because new technology is actually better in terms of energy.

Thanks in advance!

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Sounds more like it's encountering some manner of hardware issue on post to me. Perhaps check all your connectors, make sure everything is seated properly and in the right place. Check motherboard level drivers and utilities. Turn off quick boot?

Just guessing really....