Question Problem with my CPU Voltage

Oct 21, 2019
Hello all,

I just finished to build my first PC. I could install windows on it, do all the updates, etc....

My problem is that i can't let the VDDCR CPU Voltage Override set to "Auto" in the Bios, since it causes my PC to crash. I still can access the bios though.
I tried then to reduce this to 1.20V. PC is still crashing, but not just after the POST, but after logging into Windows.
I found out that i could log to windows and use my PC in a normal way when i'm setting this to 1.040V.

Have I done something wrong ? Any Ideas were it could come from, and how to fix it ?

My specs :
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus X570 Tuf Gaming plus wifi
Straight power 11 650w 80 plus gold
Vengeance LPX 2x8 gb 3200 Mhz
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks in advance for your help

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
Hello, thanks for your answer.
Yes I updated bios with the ez flash 3 directly in the bios.
For the chipset driver, can you confirm me that I have to download it here https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/
And if I got it right, I have to install 19.10.22 and then 1.7.29. 0115?
Or do I just install the 19.30.28 version?
It's better to download the chipset driver from the AMD website as it is more up to date. In your case, you need to install this.
And you just need to install the latest version for both BIOS and Chipset.

Oct 21, 2019
So i installed the chipset driver, and also tried to run it with 1 RAM. Still no improvement. PC can't start with Auto settings, and i still have to set the voltage to 1.040 in order to start and log in on windows.

Can this be caused by my PSU ? I have a 650W PSU with a 2x4 pin instead of the 8pin +4pin that my MB can take

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019
Other question, where does this problem come from ? Im asking cause i can return my material, but what should i return ? the CPU ? the MB ? Get a better PSU (750W with a 8pin+4pin for ATX) ?

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
So i installed the chipset driver, and also tried to run it with 1 RAM. Still no improvement. PC can't start with Auto settings, and i still have to set the voltage to 1.040 in order to start and log in on windows.

Can this be caused by my PSU ? I have a 650W PSU with a 2x4 pin instead of the 8pin +4pin that my MB can take
Sorry this didn't fix your issue. Not sure about the PSU pins but 650W should be more than enough