Question Problem with my two computers ?

akylen

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
Hi , i tried to switch my SSD Drive from my secondary pc to my main pc ( which has a rmx650w , not with the sata cables from the box) , it didnt work , drive not recognized , so i tried to take it back to my old pc but now my secondary pc has a problem , it has a non modular 650 evga psu , that detects only one drive (HDD) , when i got two (SSD/HDD) , and the cpu fan isn't working anymore ( its a h60 hydro corsair cooling), the cpu works it's detected in bios , the ram too , but the fan isn't lighting up.

Also , i have a dram red light at the start of the pc , but she's gone after 2 seconds , then , i have a no device boot red light when i got my two drives plugged in , in sata. I tried 2 different PSU , same thing

I dont know what to do anymore , it was working 2 days ago .

Thanks for reading my post.

Cordially,

Akylen

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

And you are working with two PSUs as I understand your post

Include PSU(s): make, model, wattage, age, condition? Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even mining?

Do not mix and match (as it appears you may have done) any power cables between two different PSUs.

Are you able revert back to the pre switch SSD drive configuration with all as it was on that system/pc before you attempted the switch?

Just to get the system to boot and work again.

akylen

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
Hi , thanks for the reply !

so my two pc i have right now i use them for gaming

I5-10600k
RTX 3070
PSU = RMX650 Corsair
80 PLUS Gold, 650 Watt, EU) Pretty new (but lost cables , so i only got old cables from previous PSU)
NVME 1TO Crucial

i7 3820
PSU =

BE QUIET PURE POWER 11 600W 80 PLUS GOLD
SSD 128 Go Crucial
HDD 1To

So i tried to switch the SSD 128 from 2.pc to the 1.pc , with cables from another psu i had before , but the ssd didnt get recognized at all , so i tried to plug it back to the 2nd pc , and after that , the fan cpu isn't working anymore , the ssd is not recognized , and i got red light D-RAM at the start for 3 seconds then it went away , and i got not boot device permanently.I'm stuck on bios because he didnt recognized my ssd.

What's the risk to mix and match any power cables between two different PSUs ?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer to help ! =)

Cordially ,

Akylen

akylen

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
Hi DSzymborski ! , thanks for answering ! The thing that i dont understand , is why my cpu fan isn't working anymore when he's plugged into a non modular PSU with cable already put inside .

Cordially,

Akylen