Problem with new hard drive WD10EZEX, BIOS doesn't seem to recognize it.

Higolito

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Good day everyone, I just bought a Hard drive disk from wester digital for my desktop, the Blue WD10EZEX 1Tb, but it isn't recognized by the Bios or when trying to install an OS.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H an in the specifications you can read that it does support SATA 6Gb/s connector.
I tried the a jumper approach but it still doesnt work. I used to have a Seagate barracuda HDD (500Gb) and never had any problems with it.

I can hear it starting to work when I turn on the PC, but it does the starting sound twice and then nothing, also after the pc is turned on for a while, it still feels cold to the touch.

Is it my new HDD?, does anyone know te answer to my problem. I aprecciate any help you could give me.

Hi there Higolito,

Sorry that you are facing some issues with your WD drive. :(
After a hard drive is not recognized by BIOS, you need to start with some basic steps like attaching the drive with different cables(SATA and power) to a different SATA port.
Popatim has a point. Which is your boot drive?

Usually, the best thing to see whether a drive is faulty is to attach it to another system. If you do that, and the issue persists, then you can just contact WD's Support either by e-mail or phone and eventually RMA the drive.

WD's Support: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=OSOaWV

Hope this will help,
D_Know_WD