Oct 18, 2023
Hi I just upgraded my RAMs from 2x 8gb 2133ghz to 4x 8gb 2133 (bought 2 new, same version rams) When booting I get to the point where should rotate windows circle dots and freezes. Then I wanted to diagnose ramms 1 by 1 the old ones working just fine ... new ones 1 is good and 1 got memok red so i pusshed button of memok and red yello white green... at display memok sucessfull pres F1 when i press f1 it boots into bios menu then I hit save and exit. Then its booting into windows but again got stucked at windows circle freezes (find out that green mem diod is no light at that moment) Thats probabbly problem causing freezing. I was running memtest86 and after 4sec of test it frezzes.. (pc normally working. fresh windows, drivers, no overclocking ram, gpu, cpu.. fully working pc with 3x 8gb kingston rams

I wanted to ask if you have any idea how to fix this problem, I have everything plugged in when changing ram i controlling if is pressed correctly, if is clear connector... everything working just fine. only problem is fauly ram.. Normally I will throw it out, but when I see green at memok I wanted to make sure its really dead or if I need to flip some settings..

Rams are exactly same: kingston hyperX 2133 ddr4
Win 10 pro
cpu i7 6700
gpu asus 1080
psu 750w evga
OS disk ssd kingston 120gb 50gb+ free space
MB Prime z270 A newest bios

One more question could by my Pc slower when I will be using 2x 8gb 2133ght rams + 2x 8gb 3200ghz than 4x 8gb 2133 ? I know that 3200 will go 2133 but just wonderring

Oct 18, 2023
One way might be to return the RAM you just bought.

And then buy a kit of 2 sticks of 16 gb each, for a total of 32 GB.

Rather than your current idea of 4 sticks of 8 gb each.

Is that unacceptable?
I bought this rams from second hand bcouse i wanted to save little money(this exactly ram cannot be bought new anywhere because they are old) and dont just throw out old ones. I know that i dont need more than 32gb. Because its second handed it will be herder to give him back his stuff (but last option).. so im asking if is faulty the ram or bad pc/settings. I could just buy new ones but dont wanna waste working rams) Thx for any ideas

Crazyy8

Proper
Sep 22, 2023
I bought this rams from second hand bcouse i wanted to save little money(this exactly ram cannot be bought new anywhere because they are old) and dont just throw out old ones. I know that i dont need more than 32gb. Because its second handed it will be herder to give him back his stuff (but last option).. so im asking if is faulty the ram or bad pc/settings. I could just buy new ones but dont wanna waste working rams) Thx for any ideas
The RAM you bought may be faulty. Take out all your RAM and insert the 2 new sticks. If it doesn't boot, put in one of the new sticks. If 1 or both of the new sticks don't make the computer boot, you know you got scammed.

Oct 18, 2023
The RAM you bought may be faulty. Take out all your RAM and insert the 2 new sticks. If it doesn't boot, put in one of the new sticks. If 1 or both of the new sticks don't make the computer boot, you know you got scammed.
lol thx for this information

TRENDING THREADS