[SOLVED] Problem with product key of windows

Feb 13, 2021
Hello everyone, today the license expiration notice appeared, I took the product key from Key Finder and entered it in the activation .... the problem is that nothing happens and it gives me an error or buy a new license, can anyone help me?
Thank you

D

Deleted member 14196

Your license is invalid obviously and you will need to purchase a new one if that is the case. And that is the only answer you will probably receive here.

If you believe your license is valid thaen you can simply call Microsoft and they will resolve it

D

Deleted member 14196

Your advice is complete nonsense. It won’t validate an invalid license. If this person didn’t buy a legal license and bought a cheap key then it got deactivated by Microsoft and clicking on some entry on a webpage isn’t going to change its validity

If you think you can argue with this then go right ahead and explain what it is you are trying to say because I certainly don’t understand how it would help anything

Why don’t you go ahead and provide the link you’re talking about clicking on so that we can actually see what you’re talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
and what makes you think my advice wont help ?
From your link, left column, bottom entry:
GhKecqg.png

What does "privacy" have to do with this?

ok mandark ..... if you want me to explain futher then i will , THE LINK ANSWER...if you click on the link i showed then you will eventually get to a microsoft support page and somewhere on the page you will find a phone number or a 1 to 1 online chat box.

The poster of the question did not say he had a dodgy copy of windows or a dodgy key but as USAFRet has pointed out licences do not expire , if he does have a dodgy item then why has he even posted the question.

FOOTNOTE... a relative of mine bought a cheap laptop on a university campus but he did not see it running long enough for him to see a black desktop with a message to say it was running an invalid copy of windows. The guy was only on the campus for 1 day and was never found.

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
ok mandark ..... if you want me to explain futher then i will , THE LINK ANSWER...if you click on the link i showed then you will eventually get to a microsoft support page and somewhere on the page you will find a phone number or a 1 to 1 online chat box.

The poster of the question did not say he had a dodgy copy of windows or a dodgy key but as USAFRet has pointed out licences do not expire , if he does have a dodgy item then why has he even posted the question.

FOOTNOTE... a relative of mine bought a cheap laptop on a university campus but he did not see it running long enough for him to see a black desktop with a message to say it was running an invalid copy of windows. The guy was only on the campus for 1 day and was never found.

I think his point was that the licence was obtained Illegally, which it seems to be (unless the thread originator can explain otherwise) I think this thread is asking for illegal advice.

His point is that the said person will not speak with an MS employee, and this thread should be taken down.

i agree with you ginthegit , this post should be removed , reading between the lines it does seem like he wants help with a none legit item.
i think this question falls into the same catagory as ...... i forgot my password ... how do i get to desktop .... and that is also a question that a web forum should not answer

USAFRet

Titan
i agree with you ginthegit , this post should be removed , reading between the lines it does seem like he wants help with a none legit item.
i think this question falls into the same catagory as ...... i forgot my password ... how do i get to desktop .... and that is also a question that a web forum should not answer
You may be entirely correct.

But until there is more info from the OP, we assume innocence.

It may have been what was installed on a used/refurb system he bought.
Or it may have been from one of the shadier places to "buy a key".
Or it may have been something else completely.

Patience, until more info is forthcoming.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yep.
Or a corporate license, that is looking the company license server.

We shall see. Maybe.

It's honestly a bit of a travesty the way MS is about licensure. It is a very famous loophole that MS allows basically the entire country of China to use known pirated keys and does nothing about it. There is a very good docu-video on it available around the net. Even for the "cheap key" locations they often know but choose to take action on what at times seems arbitrary reasons. Obviously, if you buy a legit key from MS or authorized is the way to go...but at the same time you can often buy a new key a month quite a few times taking a chance that one of them will keep activation.
Given the data and logistics they collect from every PC installed with it, you might think they could cut that pricing a bit....

USAFRet

Titan
The real problem with the cheap keys sites, game or operating system, is how those sellers obtained them.

One guy selling a license he no longer has need for, no problem.

Some guy selling 1,000 of them at 90% off retail...hmmmmm.
Where and how were these obtained? What potential criminal activity is this supporting?

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Among strangest issue I have run across was a friend brought me a PC that his Windows would not set to proper time. Apparently it was a UK version and it simply did not want to be set to EST. I asked him where he got it and it was just as sketchy. Luckily, with his situation we were just able to use the Win 7 upgrade method.