Question Problem with RAM on old motherboard ?

mujinfaye

Honorable
Nov 12, 2017
Hello,

I have an old Asus P7P55 LX motherboard and I have trouble regarding RAM.

Slots 1 and 2 are the same RAM.
Slots 3 and 4 are different.

Tried:
1. Reseating Rams.

G.SKill only works on Slot 1 and 2. -> Won't work if moved to 3 and 4.
The other two rams (KINGSTON) don't work on Slots 1 and 2. -> If used by themselves. The PC will turn on but won't boot. No Ram light.

** Note that KINGSTON RAMS work fine on my other unit (Just bought them)

2. MemOK -> Didn't do anything.
3. BIOS Reset

-- Like Pleaaaaaaaseeeee

kCv1Ql7.png

** Issue is that only G.Skill gets recognized in BIOS. But all four are recognized by windows and cpu-z. The problem is windows tagged both Kingston as Hardware Reserve.

Last edited:
Slots 1 and 2 are the same RAM.
Slots 3 and 4 are different.
mixing RAM kits is not recommended.

even if they were the same exact make & model there is no guarantee that they will function together.
and even if they do it can lead to other issues with the system.
The other two rams (KINGSTON) don't work on Slots 1 and 2. -> If used by themselves. The PC will turn on but won't boot. No Ram light.
you should always verify within the motherboard compatibility lists what specific models are accepted.

Reactions: mujinfaye

mujinfaye

Honorable
Nov 12, 2017
mixing RAM kits is not recommended.

even if they were the same exact make & model there is no guarantee that they will function together.
and even if they do it can lead to other issues with the system.

you should always verify within the motherboard compatibility lists what specific models are accepted.
Both models are not listed on the Motherboard Manual that I found, but Surprisingly, the G.Skill works. I have no idea why the Kingston won't work even though it was recognized.