Question Problem with random freezing of my system

Seikus

Reputable
May 5, 2017
Hi guys,

My system started to act weird, which never happened before, I have this PC since 2014 or so..

My specs are:

Asus Maximus Ranger VII
i7-4790K
16GB RAM
MSI Geforce 1060 3GB
SSD Drives

I started playing PUBG the other day and when I just started the game it frozen for about 6-8 seconds, then it runs fine until I restart my PC and run it for the first time, then it happens again. (Discord and everything else working)

2 days ago it started freezing not only in the beginning but after some time of playing and it freezes my completely (nothing else working, keyboard not working, only way out to physically restart PC)

I tried to run memory check overnight twice - no errors with my ram sticks. I have newest drivers, etc.

it's all random and not critical yet but I would like to find out what is wrong. I checked windows event viewer, but nothing there which would make any sense. Some of errors marked in red:

The ASUS Com Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).
Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001
Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0
The server Microsoft.SkypeApp_15.67.99.0_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c!App.AppXtwmqn4em5r5dpafgj4t4yyxgjfe0hr50.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. (I don't use skype not sure why its coming up)

Is there any diagnosis software I should run?

Thanks in advance.

Are you using Windows 10?

That system has some age :) My old computer is a 4770K.

A lot of stuff can be wrong with a system after all these years.

What is your Power Supply brand and model?

If you have Windows 10 this error is seen when you try to use Skype on an old version of Windows 10. Do your Windows Updates. Skype comes with Windows 10 btw so even if you didn't install it it's there.

Seikus

Reputable
May 5, 2017
Hi Nemesia,

Yes, using Win10 Home, 64bit.

My PSU is: Corsair ATX 2.4 RM 80+ 750W CP-9020055-EU

I also checked GPU and CPU temperatures, nothing wrong :|