Question problem with resolution

Oct 19, 2024
I have gtx 1060 thats connected to tv that let me use only 1360x720 resolution but i want to play at 1920x1080 how can i make it work? if i put higher resolution then that in game it shows black screen only

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your TV and how you're hooked up to said TV from your discrete GPU? What driver version are you on for your Nvidia card? You can use Nvidia's control panel's home section to tell you what your driver version is at this moment of time.

TV is a pixel by pixel system and always has been. There is no increasing the resolution. All that setting your computer for a higher resolution would accomplish is that the TV would have to convert it back to the screen's 1360 x 720 resolution, which is a lot of work for the TV to have to perform and which it is not designed to do, which is why you get a black screen.

You could always use nVidia DSR factor of 1.5x which renders the game at 1920x1080, then downsamples it to your TV's maximum 1360x720 resolution via ordered-grid supersampling. It's not as sharp as real 1080p but smoother looking than 720p.

This puts the work onto the GPU and not the TV, since many TVs have poor or no upscalers and downscalers built-in due to processing power limitations. Well there's plenty of processing power available in a GPU, enough to do this in the driver.

TRENDING THREADS