Question Problem with restoring Witcher 3 after new install of Windows ?

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
I recently installed new windows 10 and I already backed my stuff on my old os and one of them is witcher 3 and its files before i installed windows.

my problem is that after i installed windows and tried to browse my backup my witcher 3 saves were outdated and my current ones disappeared even in my other second folder to backup witcher 3 my latest save files were gone and the latest file even in my witcher 3 original save folder is steam_autocloud.vdf which is a year gap on the files before it.

Now im still confused as to why this happened because i backed up all my things including the latest witcher 3 saves and main folders and my backup one but I think its because I uninstalled witcher 3 before backing up my pc so it may have affected some stuff, but I did it cause I thought even if i delete it the savefiles would still be there cause before i already did it many times and when i install witcher 3 it still has the saves but not today.

All my latest files are gone and I'm left with a steam_autocloud.vdf that is the latest file that match my last saved time so i figured maybe its in the cloud in steam so reinstalling witcher 3 in steam would restore it but im still skeptical and this is a years worth of saves so is there any way i could restore them or just install steam and hope for the best ?

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
install steam and hope for the best
Welp I'm gonna install witcher 3 today or tomorrow if life isn't on my side then I think I may need to take a very long break in witcher 3 but if it's gonna be ok then ill do my best to avoid this kind of problem really confused to why all my currents saves just disappear and left only some old saves even in my other folder where I copied my latest save files before formatting my old pc and also left old saves (Maybe they conflict or somehow i put them both in the document folder but separate file I also had some instance before were steam cloud was having issues syncing with local files) but I also have another hope though it's a long shot so I have an image backup for my old pc and try to restore it and if possible try to reinstall witcher 3 there and hope for the best I guess

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
Aaaand it's gone the current save is old i went from kaer morhen ugly baby quest to skellige were I still need to finish cerys and hjalmars quest and I think i may have lost them all wow to think that i made two image backup yet failed to save the game one of the reasons I reformatted my pc, oh well the game is really great really but in my situation today i think its best to quit it, for now, i think it will be hard for me to start over again and now i may try the image backup but it seems unlikely already checked them and none maybe if i installed it there agh i freaking saved its files but why is it after the backup its gone just why I made a local backup then all that's left was that freaking old file just why also the first saves in white orchard is gone haha wtf is happening man

TRENDING THREADS