[SOLVED] Problem With RGB Case Fans and Standoffs

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
I have an ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E and It has two CHA_FAN headers and I have the NZXT H500 which I have 2 Corsair LL120 RGB and 2 120mm stock from the case. I also have the Corsair Commander Pro and here are the problems: First of all, I don’t know if the case has standoffs pre installed but I can see my mobo is lifted after I installed it. nzxt also gave me a small pack saying: Stand-off. So I am not sure if I installed the mobo wrong but it boots and runs and we had everything working. Please tell me if I did anything wrong on that. Then, the fan header problem. My rgb fans have 2 cables one saying: TO RGB HUB. and the other one blank. I had plugged al the fans on the mobo, idk how it is working since I just figured out I don’t have enough headers, I plugged them in CHA FAN 1,2,W PUMP+ and AIO PUMP. this is probably wrong and what should I do? (the TO RGB HUB cables were plugged in the FANS section of commander pro.

Solution
1. you dont NEED to install the motherboard standoffs.

2. do you have an RBG hub? it should go FAN -> RGB Hub -> Motherboard

W Pump and AIO Pump are for water pumps and will run at 100%, you will have no control over fan speed or colour if you use these
1. you dont NEED to install the motherboard standoffs.

2. do you have an RBG hub? it should go FAN -> RGB Hub -> Motherboard

W Pump and AIO Pump are for water pumps and will run at 100%, you will have no control over fan speed or colour if you use these

Solution

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

I have a fan hub, the corsair commander pro which I am pretty sure is an rgb hub

"The CORSAIR Commander PRO grants superior and accurate hardware control with a compact, all-in-one device. It is fully compatible with CORSAIR iCUE devices and supports up to six fan connectors, two internal USB 2.0 headers, four temperature inputs, and two RGB LED channels."

Yes it is.

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

but here is the thing, I don’t have a lighting node pro

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

oof whatever I guess -70 bucks

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

here is one thing I didn’t understand, do I have to have a lighting node pro? commander pro has 2 led headers

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

so here is the thing, I don’t see anywhere I can plug my TO RGB HUB saying 4pin cable. That powers the LED and the other one powers the fan which I plugged in already. where do I plug that cable??? I need the LED to work, do I need another piece?