[SOLVED] Problem with RGB lights

Perseidit

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
Greetings to wise men and women of the forum!

I have a problem with my RGB illumination within my computer case. I have 2 ARGB headers compatible with msi mystic light on my motherboard. I have also a 360mm aio watercooler which provides fan hub also. I have connected RGB led strip to 1 ARGB header and the fans+pump are connected to 1 ARGB header through that fan hub my 360mm aio provides. The problem is : I can only control that led strip, memory sticks and the motherboards integrated lights individually, everything else can only be configured to light up the same way. I kind of miss the point in using this fan hub if i can't use different lighting setups for each fan connected to it. So basically i am asking if i can only control one specific lighting setup for each of my 2 ARGB headers on my motherboard (which feels so limited and stupid). Every fan and led strip i use are msi mystic light compatible for those specific ARGB headers.

Mobo: Msi mpg z490 caming carbon wifi.
Aio cooler: Coolermaster masterliquid ml360r rgb / included fan hub with 4 ARGB connectors.
( i have connected 1 fan and pump on individual ports and 5 fans go to one port via splitting cable. connected as advised on videos starting from header 1..2..3. usb cable connected to mobo usb 2.0port and 3pin ARGB connected to mobo ARGB header. )

I thought you could choose different lighting setup for each fan hub header, but they all light up the same way. is this how it is supposed to be and my customization limits to those 2 ARGB headers on my motherboard ??

- I hope you can understand my messy information about the issue, and apologize if this is not the right place to ask for help. I am happy for any help you might give me. Cheers !

Solution
yeah they are a pain especially if you use multiple rgb setups i can agree with you on that i use corsair products aswell as mystic light so the bottom section of my pc is crammed full of hubs and controllers

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
my msi mystic light gives the option to change jrainbow1 and jrainbow 2 but any parts that are connected to one of these lights up the same if that is what you are asking

Perseidit

Commendable
Dec 16, 2020
Yes that was just the thing i was wondering about. So all those different fan hubs only work as splitters if you want to control lights through a software. Seems like i will be trying just 3-5 way splitter cables instead of fan hub for better cable management and if the power like that is enough without the sata connection. those hub boxes are a pain to hide away. too bad the lighting system is this restricted, we would need manufacturers to build more rgb headers to the boards, or manufacturers start working together at this level at least. sure i have option to use those 4 pin rgb headers too but then i need to have few different sets of fans/cables and few different software's to control them.

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
yeah they are a pain especially if you use multiple rgb setups i can agree with you on that i use corsair products aswell as mystic light so the bottom section of my pc is crammed full of hubs and controllers

Solution