Question Problem with rtx 2070 (Code 43)

Mar 28, 2024
Hi fellow computer users.

I'm writing here because of my rtx 2070 stopped working and start with flickering light stripes on black background during using a chrome. Device manager give me code 43 that windows stopped this device because of problems. I have uninstalled, give it new drivers, give it old drivers and here my question what else I can do or is it ☠️💀💀💀
It happend once exactly the same thing I have managed to bring it back but this time it won't cooperate 😔

Many thanks upfront.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Try DDU https://www.guru3d.com/download/display-driver-uninstaller-download/

It is a much more thorough display driver removal tool. Follow their guide to use it.

As a last resort you can attempt a vBIOS flash, but be prepared. If anything goes wrong during a vBIOS flash the card could become useless.

Manufacturer of your card will have vBIOS updates available (or at least the original in case yours has become corrupt), and the nvflash tool is used to perform the update.

Reactions: Mamil 666
Mar 28, 2024
Thanks Eximo.

Used ddu didn't help, I have changed the pcie slot just to check also updated the bios of the motherboard
Did the vbios with the same number of bios as original nothing has changed
https://ibb.co/GR8xph4 <- picture

What are the odds that reinstall windows would repair that.

Anything else I can try? I'm pretty sure this card is still alive but I have no other pc to check.

Mar 28, 2024
New discovery.

After taking in apart it's look like air humidity or pads are sweating but looks wet under the support bracket. And I'm heating it right now.

I'm gonna update.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, that looks more like memory issues. GPU sending data to the buffer and the buffer putting garbage data out to the display. I don't see too much hope for this one. Re-heating it may temporarily get it working, but only in the case of a poor connection to the memory. If the chip is messed up, only a replacement would help. That is an expensive proposition for a 2070.

Thermal pads often have an oily residue around them. Part of what makes them squishy, it shouldn't evaporate. A thorough cleaning and new pads could help. Just removing the heatsink may relieve any stress the board has built up from years of heat cycles.

Mar 28, 2024
Yeah it seems that you right.
Heating did nothing end of journey for this card.

Many thanks for help.

Mar 28, 2024
Yeah, that looks more like memory issues. GPU sending data to the buffer and the buffer putting garbage data out to the display. I don't see too much hope for this one. Re-heating it may temporarily get it working, but only in the case of a poor connection to the memory. If the chip is messed up, only a replacement would help. That is an expensive proposition for a 2070.

Thermal pads often have an oily residue around them. Part of what makes them squishy, it shouldn't evaporate. A thorough cleaning and new pads could help. Just removing the heatsink may relieve any stress the board has built up from years of heat cycles.
Hi again. Same issue but also few new ones
My disc Samsung 970 Evo nvme 2 started behaving similarly when I try to install windows and my question is motherboard fault or PSU ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know what you have there, so hard to say.

Swapping the power supply is a relatively cheap solution, and depending on the age/quality of the unit you may be due for a replacement anyway. And if it is the motherboard, that means a re-build anyway, so starting with a new PSU won't hurt anything.

Mar 28, 2024
I don't know what you have there, so hard to say.

Swapping the power supply is a relatively cheap solution, and depending on the age/quality of the unit you may be due for a replacement anyway. And if it is the motherboard, that means a re-build anyway, so starting with a new PSU won't hurt anything.
So I have Ryzen 7 2700x , evga rtx 2070 xc ultra , Asus prime x470 pro , 2x vengeance RGB 3000mhz , Samsung Evo 970 500gb nvme m2 , SanDisk 500 SSD and Corsair tx-m 650w 80 gold plus.
So I have ordered Asus rtx 4070s thinking on the way I'm Gona put new system just to refresh anyway but every time I try to install the windows it gives me kinds of errors after like 3 to 11% of installation then I have error that it can't , formatted , checked with bios drive test passed, new usb drive new bootable windows instalation

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Could be system memory, could be the CPU memory controller (known to fail on Ryzen 2000 and 3000 series), And it could be issues the motherboard.

One test would be to take out a memory stick one at time and see if it improves, swap the memory channels around (That means 4 tests). Getting or borrowing a Ryzen 5700X would be a decent upgrade without a full rebuild, and it could solve the problem. But if you want to jump into Ryzen 7000 that means new board and memory anyway.

TX-M is a decent power supply and I wouldn't expect problems. About the smallest I would go with a 2070 or 4070 Super though.

So I have Ryzen 7 2700x , evga rtx 2070 xc ultra , Asus prime x470 pro , 2x vengeance RGB 3000mhz , Samsung Evo 970 500gb nvme m2 , SanDisk 500 SSD and Corsair tx-m 650w 80 gold plus.
So I have ordered Asus rtx 4070s thinking on the way I'm Gona put new system just to refresh anyway but every time I try to install the windows it gives me kinds of errors after like 3 to 11% of installation then I have error that it can't , formatted , checked with bios drive test passed, new usb drive new bootable windows instalation
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.
No errors allowed.

Mar 28, 2024
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.
No errors allowed.
At this moment was easier to check it manually. Nothing has changed without d.o.c.p and with changing slots and using one by one.

Every tryout show 0x8007025D error. On windows installation. But before format was working without problems.