Problem with SSD? amd system

Mkurucar

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
Hey guys, so im having a huge problem with a new build. everything is new except my cpu and ssd. I didnt format my ssd or anything before hooking it up to the new mobo and now whenever i boot up i get no LED errors on my mobo, no beeps, nothing.

I then tried to reset my cpu heatsink, and i found that whenever i pull out the cpu from the socket I can boot to my bios but my mobo gives me a boot device error LED. I try and restart and it gives me 6 beeps and after another restart no beeps, no leds, nothing.

Is this a problem with my ssd because it has drivers/data from my old mobo/system?

Mobo: m5a99fx pro r2.0
CPU: amd fx 4300 quad-core
ssd: crucial 128 gig

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
IF you cant boot without the SSD then the CPU is most likely damaged (I would guess bent pin but without a picture of the underside cant be sure), only other option if you think its still storage related try downloading linux to a pendrive and running with that plugged in

Mkurucar

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
If it is the cpu would it still load up the bios? and at one point i got far enough to start installing windows but when the restarts started it wouldnt boot back up.

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Ok didnt realize you had gotten to windows, then yeah try teh linux trick to make sure the build is functional, shouldnt take long to make a bootable usb and run that, if everything works fine then you can use that bootable OS to format the SSD and reinstall windows

Mkurucar

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
I did do an external build with just mobo,gpu,cpu/heatsink,psu and it didnt load up to bios but it did load up to the "hit f1 to enter setup mode" screen. So im pretty sure all of that is functional.

Mkurucar

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

Yes i put the cpu back in. I have checked the cpu for bent pins and it doesnt seem to be that. it fits back into the socket nice and snug.

I've seen CPU's with bent pins that fit nicely into the socket. In these cases the bent pin folds over at it's base and sits snugly against the bottom of the CPU. However I thought I would throw that out there.

So you get a display, but it won't enter the BIOS? Have you tried another keyboard in these instances?

Mkurucar

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

I do not get a display. the only time i get a display, and can get to bios from there and keyboard works fine there, is when i pull the cpu out and put it back in. then i get display and can get to bios but only on that first boot. after that i restart and i get nothing.

Have you tried to reset the CMOS?