[SOLVED] Problem with static noise on microphone audio

SebastianOfLife

Commendable
Jul 6, 2020
Hello, so i came across something really weird with my pc, the thing is, that when i try to record anything with my desktop microphone the thing picks up a lot of static noise, and when i put a hand (all my palm, without applying weight) on top of the pc case, the static sudently goes away, and if i remove my hand from it, the static starts again, is there any way i could fix this?

PC SPECS:
Ryzen 3 3200g
2x4 HyperX Fury RAM
Asrock A320m-hdv Motherboard
Generic PSU 500w
(Everything is new)

Solution
First off, change out that generic PSU and see if the issue is resolved. Second, the fact that the static is missing when you're touching the chassis physically indicates that you have a grounding issue in your crib. You will also need to resolve that issue, with the aid of a certified electrician, if you want your investments to last you a while.

Lutfij

Titan
First off, change out that generic PSU and see if the issue is resolved. Second, the fact that the static is missing when you're touching the chassis physically indicates that you have a grounding issue in your crib. You will also need to resolve that issue, with the aid of a certified electrician, if you want your investments to last you a while.

Solution