Question Problem with Tab key on Logitech K270 ?

Sep 2, 2022
Hi Guys,
I have connected my new Logitech K270 keyboard to my Windows 11 laptop. Everything works fine but something I find annoying is the autocomplete function with the tab key. If I use the tab key on the laptop the autocomplete works instantaneously, but if I do it on the keyboard I need to press the tab key for 1 second before the autocomplete is performed. Have you got any idea why this happens?
Many thanks for your help

Hi Guys,
I have connected my new Logitech K270 keyboard to my Windows 11 laptop. Everything works fine but something I find annoying is the autocomplete function with the tab key. If I use the tab key on the laptop the autocomplete works instantaneously, but if I do it on the keyboard I need to press the tab key for 1 second before the autocomplete is performed. Have you got any idea why this happens?
Many thanks for your help
The keyboard on the laptop is basically directly connected where the keyboard has a delayed response through a cable to the system

Ralston18

Titan
What may be happening is some default setting is requiring a longer "hold" on the Tab key as a guard against accidental brushes etc., invoking shortcuts.

Could be Windows, Logitech, or some other installed app imposing the delay.

Take a look at the current keyboard settings.

Use "WIN" + "U" > Display > (scroll down) to Keyboard.

Take a look at the available shortcuts and other settings.

You may be able to experiment a bit but be sure to make note of anything that you change (original value, new/test value, and where you made the change).

Change only one thing at a time in case you need to undo some change.

There may be other similar options available via Logitech and/or other software.

Here are a couple of general links regarding the topic:

https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-fix-keyboard-lag/

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-logitech-keyboard-lag/

However, do not do any registry editing and be very careful about installing any third party software.

Look first and if uncertain then post accordingly. Take screenshots as necessary and post here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Reactions: white.a.drew

TRENDING THREADS