Question Problem with TestMem5 ?

visusys

Commendable
Jun 15, 2022
Following the DDR4 OC Guide by integralfx, I can't get TestMem5 v0.12 to load the
"Extreme by anta777" config. It always defaults to "Default @Serj"

This is the guide I'm following:
MemTestHelper/DDR4 OC Guide.md at oc-guide · integralfx/MemTestHelper

This is the config I downloaded

I opened TM5, selected "Load config and exit", selected the "extreme@anta777.cfg" file and then relaunched TM5.

But it's still using the default. Screenshot:

UWpKO3V.png

How can I get this to work / what am I doing wrong?

I'm wondering if I just replaced the contents of the "MT.cfg" file in the "bin" directory with the "extreme@anta777.cfg" contents if that would work.

Advice appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
You may be doing nothing wrong.....

Go back a step or two.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

According to the screenshot there is 65454 MB of RAM installed and only 724 MB available. (Should be MB, not Mb.)

What is the current RAM configuration: modules, slots, RAM specs?

Where did you get that test software? Download source?

However; more importantly what specific RAM (memory) problems are occuring - if any?

No problem with just being curious about the system and its' specs and performance.

Still more needs to be known.

What are you trying to do, or fix, or understand?

What, for example, would the intent of replacing that MT.cfg file with that "extreme" .cfg file? Purpose/requirement?

visusys

Commendable
Jun 15, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

My specs are in my sig, but here:

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF Overclocked @ 4.9GHz
Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA-CF Z390 Motherboard
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti
Audio Interface: RME HDSPe AIO 192KHz
SSDs: Samsung NVME 970 EVO Plus 2TB x2
WIFI: Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Monitor: LG 32" UltraGear 4K UHD

According to the screenshot there is 65454 MB of RAM installed and only 724 MB available. (Should be MB, not Mb.)

This is because TM5 starts testing immediately upon launch. If you look at the screenshot you can see that I'm on test 2.

"Start testing at 1:21, 3.4Gb x16"

1. Test 1 is using 3.4Gb x16 or 54.4Gb
2. I'm left with ~11Gb of memory available at that point (65.454Gb - 54.4Gb)
3. I'm not sure exactly what Test 2 is using atm, but it's probably what's bringing my available memory down to 724Mb.

What is the current RAM configuration: modules, slots, RAM specs?

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4 x 16GB)
288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
Model F4-3600C16Q-64GTZRC

YcTmdnz.png

Where did you get that test software? Download source?

From here:
https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/oc-guide/DDR4 OC Guide.md#recommended

And also downloaded directly from the developer here:
https://testmem.tz.ru/soft.htm

However; more importantly what specific RAM (memory) problems are occuring - if any?

My goal is to overclock the RAM and tweak XMP timings as far as I can push it. Right now my frequency is way below specs. Goal is 3700-3800Mhz. Again, I am following the DDR4 Overclock Guide I linked in my original post.

No problem with just being curious about the system and its' specs and performance.

Still more needs to be known.

Hopefully the above answers your questions. I can provide any more information necessary.

What, for example, would the intent of replacing that MT.cfg file with that "extreme" .cfg file? Purpose/requirement?

The extreme config file is reccommended by the guide. As they state, "You should always test with various stress tests to ensure your overclock is stable.". Apparantly the extreme@anta777.cfg is the most reccommended.

Ralston18

Titan
Be careful.

My system flagged that "developer" website link as a risk and blocked access.

As for "most recommended" that is not the same as being applicable and safe for your system and requirements.

That said, others in the over-clocking/memory community may respond as applicable to your posted updates.

visusys

Commendable
Jun 15, 2022
Be careful.

My system flagged that "developer" website link as a risk and blocked access.

It's probably because of VirusTotal heuristics. Check the comments on the EXE file in question:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...68a4e863fe078b5c54857a16d37d480cc21/community

I am really security conscious when it comes to my workstation and I'm fairly confident the application is safe. But I appreciate the warning and sentiment.

If anyone is still suspicious, don't download.

As for "most recommended" that is not the same as being applicable and safe for your system and requirements.

Agreed. Every individual user should do the research and responsibly determine if that configuration is appropriate for their overclocking requirements and won't damage their system.