Problem with the power

davidona

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Hello
Well last month i moved to a new apartment and when i was about turn on my pc after the move it didnt turn on a while after i played with the 24 atx cable and at last the pc turned on but the cable was loose since if it was tight for some reason it didnt turn at all so i kept it lose and sometimes it fell and i had to do it again but today i touched the pc and screen freezed i tried to play with the atx cable the best i could do is to move it here and there and the best was that the light just started blinking nonstop but didnt turn on and sometimes also the fans turned on nonstop but thats it . please help me abd thanks in advance

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

At this point, you'll likely to have to try it with another PSU. There's a distinct possibility you fried something in your PC, the main ATX connector is *not* supposed to need wiggling to work and is *not* supposed to be going in and out of the connector while the PC is running. This was something that should have been taken care of when the problem arose and you may have made the situation much worse by not doing so last month.

davidona

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
The thing is i took it back then to repair it but when i got to the store the tried to turn it on it didnt but when he took the atx cable out to check another psu it had problems but when he put the original one back in somehow it did work and whwn i got gome disnt work again thats when i wiggled the cable and everything went fine but now wiggling doesnt work it seems like there are problems with some of the pins