Question Problem with Windows Custom download

AmityJane

Honorable
Mar 31, 2016
Attempting to use a bootable USB with MediaCreations Windows10 to do a custom Windows install. Acer Laptop has Windows 10 Version 1607. It crashed yesterday after chckdsk and several other attempts to revive it, the computer cannot access Windows 10 OS. I want to save what is on the laptop, if possible. I can't seem to recover it. Hence, the Custom install instead of the Clean install.
I get to the point in the installation where it asks which partition I want Windows installed to and the only one that comes up says it cannot be installed there. I don't know how to bring up the partition it can be installed to. Partition 1 is the primary, but Partition 0 is all I get.

kanewolf

Titan
Attempting to use a bootable USB with MediaCreations Windows10 to do a custom Windows install. Acer Laptop has Windows 10 Version 1607. It crashed yesterday after chckdsk and several other attempts to revive it, the computer cannot access Windows 10 OS. I want to save what is on the laptop, if possible. I can't seem to recover it. Hence, the Custom install instead of the Clean install.
I get to the point in the installation where it asks which partition I want Windows installed to and the only one that comes up says it cannot be installed there. I don't know how to bring up the partition it can be installed to. Partition 1 is the primary, but Partition 0 is all I get.
Your hard drive has probably failed. To recover anything take the disk out of the laptop, use a USB adapter and recovery software like Recuva.