Discussion Problem with Windows Store apps

MattC231

Honorable
May 16, 2015
So, I first ask Microsoft support and that is a mistake as I should've asked the community here first.

I cloned the original drive that I installed the games from the windows store on to a new HDD. Now I need to re-download/re-install the games since the store doesn't have a scan feature. But, when I select the drive to download/install to, nothing happens--also there is NO error message. I'm guessing that it won't install to the drive because it detects the said files of the game already on the drive because when I select a DIFFERENT drive, the store starts the download/installation. Re-formatting the drive is out of the question to get rid of the 'WindowsApps' folder.

MattC231

Honorable
May 16, 2015
Oh, I forgot to mention that after cloning, I wiped the original drive and changed the drive letter of the clone to the original. Sorry, should've mentioned that.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
I think we need a clear description of the whole thing.

What parts, drives in particular...drive letters, what specific software you used for this clone, specific steps you performed, etc, etc.

MattC231

Honorable
May 16, 2015
Ok, sorry again.

The original drive was a seagate 3TB drive letter E
The new HDD is a WD black 4TB
I cloned the seagate to the WD using EaseUs partition master pro
The cloned drive was renamed 'Clone of D:' automatically by the program and the drive letter was F:
I wiped and removed the seagate and relettered the WD to E: as well as renamed it

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Ok, sorry again.

The original drive was a seagate 3TB drive letter E
The new HDD is a WD black 4TB
I cloned the seagate to the WD using EaseUs partition master pro
The cloned drive was renamed 'Clone of D:' automatically by the program and the drive letter was F:
I wiped and removed the seagate and relettered the WD to E: as well as renamed it
The original was E, but the clone was labeled "Clone of D"?

Where did the D come from?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS