Hello,

First of all my specs are:
R5 1600
Gtx 1650 4gb ddr6
A320 m-k motherboard
Power suply 500w
Ssd 500gb
8gb ram kingston ddr4 2666mhz.

I am not smartest when it comes to PCs so please dont judge me.
The problem began when I wanted to upgrade my ram. I bought Patriot viper steel PVS48g300C6 3000mhz to pair it with my older kingston ram with speed of 2666mhz. When i started the PC, rgb and all fans in case were spining but my mouse, keyboard and monitor didnt worked. On monitor it just says no signal and then it turns off. RGB on mouse appears for 1 second after starting PC, then it shuts down and keyboard doesnt respond. I tried switching slots and taking new ram out of the case but same things happen even with my old ram inside.

I didnt know i should not buy ram with diffrent speeds and before research.

If there is some way to fix this mess i would be thankful and thanks to everyone who responds. Also, i am here for any additional information.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

500W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, you will need to mention the make and model of the PSU and it's age. Also, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? You can do so by getting into BIOS(hitting DEL key at startup or using CPU-Z). Then check and see what version(not edition) of Windows 10 you're on, assuming you're on Windows 10.

You shouldn't mix and match sticks of ram, instead, invest in a dual channel ram kit. For your platform, you should be looking at a 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHz (dual channel)ram kit to get the most out of your build since RyZen likes faster rams. Your platform can't work with DDR4-3600MHz and higher kits though.

Let this be a lesson for you, to ask first then go buy.

Reactions: CountMike
Jan 3, 2022
Hello, thanks for replying.

The entire system is about 2 months old, everything is new and cleaned from dust.

Since this is prebuild i am not 100% sure what is the model of the psu.
I cannot check what my BIOS version is and what version of windows 10 I am using because monitor wont work when PC is started (mouse and keyboard also)

About buying new ram, i am thinking that same thing would happen again because now, when i insert old ram problem also appears. Cuz of that i am assuming even if i buy new ram problem will occur.

I just noticed that in slot where old ram is, cover that should click when ram is inserted is a litle bit higher than the other slot, as you can see from this photos:
https://ibb.co/5MdPNvQ
IMG-20220104-131504.jpg

Is that a problem, didnt i maybe put it right?
Should i try reseating it again?

Thanks for trying to help again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Since this is prebuild i am not 100% sure what is the model of the psu.
That's not a valid excuse, you might want to ask the people who built the system for you or who you bought it from to let you know what the make and model of the PSU is or at the least, take a picture of the stickered side of the PSU. A bad PSU can and will prevent the system from firing up.

I cannot check what my BIOS version is and what version of windows 10 I am using because monitor wont work when PC is started (mouse and keyboard also)
Sigh, the problems are just piling up huh?

Yes the latch doesn't look proper for the stick of ram. Remove and reseat the ram until you hear the latch close/click into place. As for the slot, populate slot A1 alone, with the Patriot stick of ram.

Reactions: Petrovic012