[SOLVED] Problems after overclocking CPU ?

Jun 24, 2022
I installed throttlestop because I wanted to undervolt my cpu a little. I saw there was a section for turbo clock speed or something and my cords were set to 50 50 47 47 and so on and I thought they needed all to be at 50 because my i9900k has 5ghz Turbo clock Rate. When I applied it all my cores went up to 5ghz and I had a bsod. Now my cpu won't go further then 4ghz in cinebench and I have little fps drops in games.

Do you think it happened because of the bsod or can I do something to make my cpu clock to go to around 4.7ghz again because when windows starts my clock speed is on 4.7 - 4.8 ghz for a long time and then goes back to normal but in cinebench it can't hold it and my average clock speed goes down from 4.7 ghz to 4ghz and I get around 9900points in cinebench r23 also other stress tests have the same issue.
I know it was dumb from me but I hope there's a not so expensive solution :(

• Gtx 1070 founders edition
  • i9900k
  • 32gb Corsair vengeance RAM 3200mhz
  • MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B17) Motherboard
  • Enermax AIO 360mm CPU cooler

Solution
@Punkvibes
The ThrottleStop picture you posted does not appear to be from a 9900K.

Download and use ThrottleStop 9.5.

Delete the entire ThrottleStop folder you have now including the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file. Post pictures of the main ThrottleStop window, the FIVR window and the TPL window.

my average clock speed goes down
If your CPU is slowing down while running Cinebench, open the Limit Reasons window and find out the reason why. If you did not increase the turbo power limits, it is normal for a 9900K to power limit throttle if it is set to the default power limits. Open the TPL window in ThrottleStop to find out what values the bios...
Jun 29, 2022
I believe you're using ThrottleStop on a desktop which, to be honest, is quite dangerous. I've only heard users implementing that software for undervolting CPUs on a laptop. Your motherboard (which is nice) is capable of controlling the CPU voltage and you can change it within the BIOS. MSI is known for user-friendly OC voltage changes through the BIOS. ThrottleStop is most likely having output issues with the BIOS systems. If you're running less than a 650W, that can cause some serious issues as well. I've used a 550W once and it fried my entire motherboard and it removed the opportunity to read the memory for a startup. That broke my entire PC. As stated in MSI's manual. Overclocking CPUs is dangerous and can damage other components. Can you tell me step by step what you did to overclock your CPU? Including changing CPU ratios and Ring Ratios? You also have a BSOD, which... most likely is hurting your motherboard and is corrupting its base settings.

Jun 24, 2022
I believe you're using ThrottleStop on a desktop which, to be honest, is quite dangerous. I've only heard users implementing that software for undervolting CPUs on a laptop. Your motherboard (which is nice) is capable of controlling the CPU voltage and you can change it within the BIOS. MSI is known for user-friendly OC voltage changes through the BIOS. ThrottleStop is most likely having output issues with the BIOS systems. If you're running less than a 650W, that can cause some serious issues as well. I've used a 550W once and it fried my entire motherboard and it removed the opportunity to read the memory for a startup. That broke my entire PC. As stated in MSI's manual. Overclocking CPUs is dangerous and can damage other components. Can you tell me step by step what you did to overclock your CPU? Including changing CPU ratios and Ring Ratios? You also have a BSOD, which... most likely is hurting your motherboard and is corrupting its base settings.
I did nothing except change these values in this section
View: https://imgur.com/a/UcFgd8H

All to 50 and then k got the bsod I also had everything on stock in my bios

@Punkvibes

Delete the entire ThrottleStop folder you have now including the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file. Post pictures of the main ThrottleStop window, the FIVR window and the TPL window.

my average clock speed goes down
If your CPU is slowing down while running Cinebench, open the Limit Reasons window and find out the reason why. If you did not increase the turbo power limits, it is normal for a 9900K to power limit throttle if it is set to the default power limits. Open the TPL window in ThrottleStop to find out what values the bios set your power limits to.

I believe you're using ThrottleStop on a desktop which, to be honest, is quite dangerous.
Why is using ThrottleStop dangerous? That is like saying a car is dangerous because you might have an accident. Take driving lessons if you do not know how to drive a car. Watch some YouTube videos and read the ThrottleStop guides if you want to learn how to use the program. Links to these guides can be found inside the ThrottleStop folder.

ThrottleStop supports Intel desktop and mobile CPUs equally well. I have been using it on all of my computers for more than 10 years now. I have never had a single issue while using it. None of my computers have blown up because I was using ThrottleStop

ThrottleStop 9.5 allows me to score over 17000 points in Cinebench R23. That is 1000 points more than what I usually get when I am not using ThrottleStop. That is while running at the exact same 5000 MHz that the BIOS sets the CPU to.

bmQTOY4.png

I've used a 550W once and it fried my entire motherboard
It is possible that when a power supply fails, it can also damage the motherboard. Your bad experience with your defective power supply has nothing to do with the problem that @Punkvibes is having.

Solution
Jun 24, 2022
@Punkvibes

If your CPU is slowing down while running Cinebench, open the Limit Reasons window and find out the reason why. If you did not increase the turbo power limits, it is normal for a 9900K to power limit throttle if it is set to the default power limits. Open the TPL window in ThrottleStop to find out what values the bios set your power limits to.

Why is using ThrottleStop dangerous? That is like saying a car is dangerous because you might have an accident. Take driving lessons if you do not know how to drive a car. Watch some YouTube videos and read the ThrottleStop guides if you want to learn how to use the program. Links to these guides can be found inside the ThrottleStop folder.

ThrottleStop supports Intel desktop and mobile CPUs equally well. I have been using it on all of my computers for more than 10 years now. I have never had a single issue while using it. None of my computers have blown up because I was using ThrottleStop

ThrottleStop 9.5 allows me to score over 17000 points in Cinebench R23. That is 1000 points more than what I usually get when I am not using ThrottleStop. That is while running at the exact same 5000 MHz that the BIOS sets the CPU to.

bmQTOY4.png

It is possible that when a power supply fails, it can also damage the motherboard. Your bad experience with your defective power supply has nothing to do with the problem that @Punkvibes is having.
I will try that and send you pictures of my throttlestop today

Jun 24, 2022
@Punkvibes

bmQTOY4.png

View: https://imgur.com/a/cL5Lh20

here are all the screenshots

also here are the limits when running cinebench View: https://imgur.com/a/OAgHurQ

all of them blink red and then go back to yellow