Question Problems after upgrading my GPU

Mar 11, 2023
I just upgraded to a new GPU, went from a Nvidia 2080 Super to a Radeon RX 6950 XT and I didn't upgrade my 750W power supply. I see some others on here had a similar problem and I was wondering if I need to go up to a 1000W power supply. I can start a game, but after 3-4 minutes my PC shuts down and I get a green screen on one of my monitors (the other one goes blank). I have to turn off the power switch and then when I reboot the displays aren't being recognized. I have to unplug my main screen and then plug it back in again. It also keeps switching the audio source as well.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you run DDU prior to the removing the RTX2080 Super, before you dopped in the RX6950XT? Once in, you're advised to install the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As for your PSU's, what is the make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Mar 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you run DDU prior to the removing the RTX2080 Super, before you dopped in the RX6950XT? Once in, you're advised to install the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As for your PSU's, what is the make and model of the PSU and it's age?

Yes, I used DDU and removed all the old drivers and I properly installed the new drivers downloaded directly from Radeon website. I have an EVGA Gold 750W PSU and it was new in December 2019.

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA Gold 750W
EVGA is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit and Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of the unit?

Radeon RX 6950 XT
Got a link to the particular GPU you have?