Question problems booting into windows 10 after converting mbr to gpt

r0me89

Honorable
Aug 26, 2018
Hey can someone help me out with this, i have a aorus z390 motherboard with the aorus gigabyte bios, i have 2 disks, disk 0 and disk 1, when i installed windows, it installed the mbr on disk 0 and windows on disk 1, i then used a software (i think it was bcd) to move the bootable system files (which are about 527MB) to disk 1 which was successful because then i deleted all the partitions on disk 0 to make it free so i can install linux on disk 0, then i figured i needed to switch my bios mode to UEFI from LEGACY, i used paragon partition to convert from legacy to uefi (which i basically converted mbr to gpt) after the software was done it retarted into my bios, my my bios for some reason was always set to UEFI settings, and the following other settings were always as follows:

CMS was enabled ( so secure boot was disabled)
as well as my Storage boot options was UEFI
Other PCI devices was UEFI
Secure boot option was "Custom' (not standard)

Basically now i cant load into windows, my pc everytime i restart loads into the gigabyte bios and after converting my disk 1 (which is where my windows 10 is installed) i dont see anything under "Bootable Drives" now its empty, prior to converting from MBR to GPT i was able to see both my hard drives, i am guessing that the reason i dont see anything is bc now that i converted to GPT my bios isnt see any bootable drives (which is why i dont see any of my hard drives in the bios anymore)

what can i do, so i was thinking to somehow maybe convert GPT back to MBR, but ive read that will cause even more problems,

is there a way to create a bootable partition under UEFI?

i have a windows 10 bootable creation media bootable usb drive to get into the windows recovery, if thats any help

can someone please share some share some options for me.

thanks....

Lutfij

Titan
when i installed windows, it installed the mbr on disk 0 and windows on disk 1
You're advised to disconnect all drives from your system except the one you intend to install the OS on and then install your OS.

I would advise on reinstalling your OS that way, as opposed to trying to skirt it with software/apps, after you've backed up all critical data off the drives, then set BIOS to UEFI prior to OS reinstall.

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS