Question problems copying SSD to SSD

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
Installed new WD 1Tb 3D NAND SSD SATA drive. Fromatted and copied with Acronis true image (WD). Successfully copied drive from old 250GB SSD. But it has partitioned it as an exact copy of the old drive and I cant get it to expand the drive to use the full 1Tb as storage. It shows the new "C" drive as 238GB partition and a healthy recovery partition of 692GB. I have tried both Automatic and manual clone with no difference! Any one out there able to help? Please?????? (My 70 year old brain has run out of ideas!!!

Installed new WD 1Tb 3D NAND SSD SATA drive. Fromatted and copied with Acronis true image (WD). Successfully copied drive from old 250GB SSD. But it has partitioned it as an exact copy of the old drive and I cant get it to expand the drive to use the full 1Tb as storage. It shows the new "C" drive as 238GB partition and a healthy recovery partition of 692GB. I have tried both Automatic and manual clone with no difference! Any one out there able to help? Please?????? (My 70 year old brain has run out of ideas!!!
Recovery partition of 692M(ega)B maybe but G(iga)B doesn't make sense, way, way too large. Something must have gone lost in transition. If they (C: and that partition) are next to each other you should be able to merge them or make a proper data partition out of it. That may require 3rd party program and booting from another disk.