[SOLVED] Problems installing Windows 10 on new PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 11, 2020
Morning everyone!

Yesterday I built my first PC and had fun doing it. Before I installed any of the components, I made sure to update the BIOS, using a FAT32 16gb USB (using the latest MSI BIOS). After this, I put the rest of it together and pressed the power button. LET THERE BE LIGHT! PC powered on first time and went straight into BIOS. I then shut it down, installed windows 10 creation tool on the USB, plugged it in and chose the Sandisk USB as boot order #1 in the bios. Pressed "Save and Exit" but met with the MSI splash logo, cut in half and going off the edge of the screen at opposite sides. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!! I thought I was doing it right, but any help from an expert would be great! Driving me nuts!

- Adam

Dec 11, 2020
Feel like I'm at my wits end here!! Usb 2.0 16gb formatted to Fat32, with windows media tool on it. I put the drive into a usb slot on back of the motherboard and power on. I make sure the BIOS is set to UEFI and the usb drive is priority number one in the boot order. I save and exit the BIOS but instead of loading windows I am faced with this strange distorted picture!! View: https://imgur.com/gallery/rBvaZBU

Dec 11, 2020
Sorry for the late reply. Been fiddling today and once the BIOS recognised my m.2/ssd as the boot drive i selected that as priority one. Windows installed successfully and the computer now works

TRENDING THREADS