[SOLVED] Problems running warzone (Possible storage issue)

Lavahit

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019
My current PC is
GTX 1060 3gb
Ryzen 5 2600
16 GB ddr4
Windows 10
My current PC is above the minimum requirements according to CanYouRunIT and would meet the recommended requirements with an extr GB of ram on my GPU.
My game hovers around 70-80 fps while playing althought it drops to the 60s and 50s by time to time.
My main issue is that it crashes a lot , like 2-3 times an hour and of course a lot of freezes even on the menu. I have a 150GB SSD for my OS and pictures/ videos etc. and an old 500 gb HDD that i have all my games in , but i never experienced problems like these with any other game. Do you know what causes it ? I believe it's not my pc not being able to run the game , a friend of mine told me that i should get an M2 and have my OS and games on the same disc because thats what causes the problem.

Do you have any sort term fixes until i buy my new PC and possible causes ? I really like the game but i cant enjoy it when i have to restart it every 30 minutes.

(New to the site so let me know if you need any other information and i'd be more than happy to give it to you)

Solution
The PSU is a critical component and actually provides three different voltages to system components.

A problem with any given voltage may not necessarily shut down the entire computer. Instead, fans may spin, LED's light up, but the computer will not boot.

Or GPU's, drives, etc. fail to work properly if the system does boot.

And power problems often lead to file corruption that, in turn, causes more problems.

Becomes a vicious circle....

Lavahit

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History: what errors do you see? Especially any errors that occurred when you know the system crashed, froze, etc....

Corsair CX series CX550W Semi modular 80 plus bronze
Condition ? I believe it is good lol I clean my pc once every like 1.5 -2 months and i had it for 2 yrs

Ralston18

Titan
Good.

Clean is important especially to clean out dust and debris the trap heat and interfere with air flows.

However, even with being kept clean, PSUs (as are many products) are manufactured with a designed in EOL (End of Life).

Eventually they will start faltering and fail. All the sooner if used in an environment and constantly providing high power levels for gaming, video editing, mining, etc..

Provided that I correctly matched your GPU, the recommended PSU is 400 Watts.

Add in all the other components that your PSU is supporting then it is quite possible that 550 watts is not enough.

All the more so with respect to the PSUs age and history.

Lavahit

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019
Good.

Clean is important especially to clean out dust and debris the trap heat and interfere with air flows.

However, even with being kept clean, PSUs (as are many products) are manufactured with a designed in EOL (End of Life).

Eventually they will start faltering and fail. All the sooner if used in an environment and constantly providing high power levels for gaming, video editing, mining, etc..

Provided that I correctly matched your GPU, the recommended PSU is 400 Watts.

Add in all the other components that your PSU is supporting then it is quite possible that 550 watts is not enough.

All the more so with respect to the PSUs age and history.
Wouldnt an issue on my psu result to my pc closing or something though ? I usually just had my game closing. Nevertheless , most of the issues probably had to do with my gpu drivers apparently because the last time i updated it i forgot to restart in time . Yesterday after playing for quite some time i only had 1 problem that was way worse than the rest but i am fine with that. My monitor aspect ratio switched to 4:3 , i got black bars but instead of streching the image it zoomed inside the windows and i was forced to restart because my computer was barely responding.

Ralston18

Titan
The PSU is a critical component and actually provides three different voltages to system components.

A problem with any given voltage may not necessarily shut down the entire computer. Instead, fans may spin, LED's light up, but the computer will not boot.

And power problems often lead to file corruption that, in turn, causes more problems.

Solution

Lavahit

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019

After doing some more research(And changing a lot of in and out of game settings to optimize it) and asking some friends they came into the conclusion that a psu would fix most of my problems , on all calculators my system needs around 285 minumun watts and i have 550 though. Would you reccomend a 850 watt upgrade ?

Ralston18

Titan
Start here:

Best Power Supplies of 2021 - Top PSUs for Gaming PCs | Tom's Hardware

Apply two or three of the calculators using the power requirements for all of the components installed in your system. If any component has a wattage range - use the highest wattage value.

Manually total up the watts yourself as well. When totaled add 25% more.

The results of the above calculations should result in a good wattage estimate.

Component manufacturers determine wattage requirements under ideal circumstances and those wattage values tend to be lower than real world use.

Especially if the supported system is used for heavy gaming, video editing, or even mining.

Likewise PSU manufacturer's establish output wattage values under ideal circumstances that may not be respresentative of or sustainable in real world use.

Determine your systems wattage requirements based on a consensus of the calculators and your manual calculations.

850 may be a bit too much but no harm in having the extra wattage available.

Plus, wattage is one thing, PSU quality is another.