ImInfinity

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2013
Hello
I recently bought built a new pc but it is giving me trouble turning it on.
At the moment of turning it on, it takes time to start and it "restarts" several times until it finally turns on.
This whenever I turn it off or disconnect it from the electric current
When it does not turn on, it marks the red led in dram and the cpu led blinks.
When it is already on, this does not happen. I already checked the pc with cpu-z and everything seems normal, even temperatures and frequencies.
Does anyone know why this happens?
AORUS B560 PRO AX
I5 11400F
1650 OC ZOTAC
DDR4 XPG 3600 MHZ
S40G SPECTRIX 1TB M.2 NVME
CORSAIR CX550XF PSU

Solution
it is definitely the xmp profile
I have disabled it and the computer has no longer had problems
I'll be checking the voltages to see if it's that or something else
Thanks to everyone for your replies
I attach the image of the memories in case someone can help me with the voltages or if they simply see something wrong

Whats-App-Image-2021-05-31-at-10-08-29-PM.jpg

Basically as I said, you had the same issue as me, was trying to overclock my RAM (up to the rated 3200MHZ) using XMP but it kept failing, as soon as I increased the CPU SA voltage from 0.925V to 1V it worked.
May 26, 2021
Hello
I recently bought a new pc but it is giving me trouble turning it on.
At the moment of turning it on, it takes time to start and it "restarts" several times until it finally turns on.
This whenever I turn it off or disconnect it from the electric current
When it does not turn on, it marks the red led in dram and the cpu led blinks.
When it is already on, this does not happen. I already checked the pc with cpu-z and everything seems normal, even temperatures and frequencies.
Does anyone know why this happens?
AORUS B560 PRO AX
I5 11400F
1650 OC ZOTAC
DDR4 XPG 3600 MHZ
S40G SPECTRIX 1TB M.2 NVME
CORSAIR CX550XF PSU
Sounds a little bit like a failed overclock, either on memory or CPU.

My old PC did the same, it would restart and restart, each time failing to boot because it couldn't handle the overclock, on the third attempt it would load the last known working configuration and boot into Windows.

If it's a brand new system you bought, i'd return it.

The other thing it could be is a component not seated properly or overheating, i.e CPU overheating. I've seen this happen before when the CPU overheats, but usually it won't boot full stop into Windows, it will just turn on, spin up for a few seconds, and then turn off, it will restart and keep doing this over and over.

To me it sounds more like you have a failed overclock of some sort than a temperature or incorrectly seated component issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Agree with @Grobe - no physical troubleshooting.

However, you can look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes or warnings that correspond with the restart problems.

Another thought is that Windows may be trying to do various updates that require restarts. Look in Update History for any problems or failures.

However, what you describe appears to be a bit beyond update problems and should result in some error codes or pop-up windows.

The Windows 10 built in troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Likewise for "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Well, when I think about it, if you go for RMA then you should save screen-shots from the applications that throws errors. If not possible due to computer not responding, then use your phone or digital camera to document the issue.

This is jut in case (or actually not unlikely) the shop say they doesn't find any errors and refuse to take it back.

The more documentation the better.

Reactions: Ralston18

ImInfinity

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2013
Thanks for the answers
Yesterday I was testing a little more.
I restarted the bios and disabled the xmp profiles of the ram memories and the pc turned on without problem 2 times in a row
Today I will do more tests and I will be testing the options that you shared with me

ImInfinity

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2013
Sounds a little bit like a failed overclock, either on memory or CPU.

My old PC did the same, it would restart and restart, each time failing to boot because it couldn't handle the overclock, on the third attempt it would load the last known working configuration and boot into Windows.

If it's a brand new system you bought, i'd return it.

The other thing it could be is a component not seated properly or overheating, i.e CPU overheating. I've seen this happen before when the CPU overheats, but usually it won't boot full stop into Windows, it will just turn on, spin up for a few seconds, and then turn off, it will restart and keep doing this over and over.

To me it sounds more like you have a failed overclock of some sort than a temperature or incorrectly seated component issue.

The pc is assembled by me, im dont touch anything on the processor or voltages or anything.
The only thing I did was activate the xmp profiles.
I'm going to do what other people shared with me in this thread.
If I can't solve it, I'll go to the store.
By the way, I have a little doubt. HW monitor detect ram memory?
Because hw monitor doesn't detected.
CPZ if it detects it and in the same way the windows task manager

ImInfinity

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2013
De acuerdo con @Grobe - sin solución de problemas físicos.

Sin embargo, puede buscar en historial de confiabilidad y Visor de eventos. Uno o ambos pueden estar capturando algunos códigos de error o advertencias que se corresponden con los problemas de reinicio.

Otro pensamiento es que Windows puede estar tratando de hacer varias actualizaciones que requieren reinicios. Busque en el historial de actualizaciones cualquier problema o error.

Sin embargo, lo que describe parece estar un poco más allá de los problemas de actualización y debe dar lugar a algunos códigos de error o ventanas emergentes.

Los solucionadores de problemas integrados de Windows 10 pueden encontrar y corregir algo.

Del mismo modo para "sfc /scannow" y "dism".

Referencias:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image
[/CITA]

Thanks for the answer

I just did what you told me to do.
Windows found errors and corrected them
Turn off the computer, unplug it for a moment and when I turned it on it turned on normally

It is weird because while turning on and displaying the aorus logo the dram led keeps turning on and turns off immediately when the logo stops showing.
I have no idea if the mb works good or really catches an error

May 26, 2021
Thanks for the answers
Yesterday I was testing a little more.
I restarted the bios and disabled the xmp profiles of the ram memories and the pc turned on without problem 2 times in a row
Today I will do more tests and I will be testing the options that you shared with me
So it’s to do with RAM XMP being enabled then. Likely failing because either there is insufficient voltage, a dimm channel issue or your board and/or ram doesn’t support XMP, or at least not to that frequency.

ImInfinity

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2013
So it’s to do with RAM XMP being enabled then. Likely failing because either there is insufficient voltage, a dimm channel issue or your board and/or ram doesn’t support XMP, or at least not to that frequency.
I attach the image of the memories in case someone can help me with the voltages or if they simply see something wrong

May 26, 2021

Basically as I said, you had the same issue as me, was trying to overclock my RAM (up to the rated 3200MHZ) using XMP but it kept failing, as soon as I increased the CPU SA voltage from 0.925V to 1V it worked.

Solution