[SOLVED] Problems when setting ram to 3200mhz

Jul 25, 2021
So i have recently built a new pc, and i'm not really good into fixing things when it's within the pc.
Every time i set the mhz ram to 3200mhz [Which my ram is compatible to] My pc starts to have random stutters in like Valorant, Sea Of thieves and GTA.

Specs :
Msi Mpg z590 gaming edge wifi
RTX 3070
Corsair 36g of Ram
i7 10700k

i've downloaded all of my drivers, updated bios. Updated intel chipset driver.
i've tried enabling XMP and running my pc like that, which in my prebuilt it didn't have a problem, and it still stutters. I turn off XMP and try doing it manual and my Ram still has problems, it runs perfectly find with 2133 but i noticed that i get less FPS In games, so obv i want to get the best out of the pc i JUST built.

Solution
hi, do you have 2x16GB or 4x 8GB ram?
if its 2x16GB ram, are you using A2+B2 memory slots?
you could try boost voltage a little 1.35v ~ 1.4v, or loosen up RAM timings a little
for base ram stability use memtest, this should catch some errors if ram is set in bios incorrectly
you could try boost voltage a little 1.35v ~ 1.4v, or loosen up RAM timings a little
for base ram stability use memtest, this should catch some errors if ram is set in bios incorrectly

Solution
Jul 25, 2021
i am running 4x8gb and i have also tried moving my voltage for dram in my bios from 1.35v - 1.39 and 1.5, none of which have worked.

Just use one RAM module in the slot meant for single channel mode and try switching modules in case a module is faulty. Testing RAM by booting from a USB with Memtest86 is a good idea and if any errors are found then RMA the full kit and regardless of Bios settings.

Another thing to try is to change your Command rate in Bios. You have a choice of 1t or 2t and can very often work. I can expand on this if need be.

Jul 25, 2021
Just use one RAM module in the slot meant for single channel mode and try switching modules in case a module is faulty. Testing RAM by booting from a USB with Memtest86 is a good idea and if any errors are found then RMA the full kit and regardless of Bios settings.

Another thing to try is to change your Command rate in Bios. You have a choice of 1t or 2t and can very often work. I can expand on this if need be.
I do have the option of 1t and 2t but what exactly does that do?

I do have the option of 1t and 2t but what exactly does that do?

The 1t/2t Command Rate is how many clocks the memory controller spends sending a given command to ram. 1t means that the controller sends the command on one clock cycle, 2t means it sends it for two clock cycles. The end result is that running 2t instead of 1t is like adding 1 to nearly every ram timing.
Little significance performance wise however it can make all the difference stability wise.

Jul 25, 2021
I think i've found the problem, not sure if i should ask before buying it but i've just checked my compatibilities and i've seen that the model number of ram that i've been running is one that is not showing up as a supported one from the MOB. Is that the problem?