problems when trying to use two programs at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

400TA76

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
So fair windows 10 has not impressed. while typing a email in outlook I try to open a word document. the machine immediate went into error mode saying there was a power problem and restarting my PC. tried with working word and opening another folder - same result. So what is going on?

Solution
Is this a desktop or a laptop? Power issues or power related errors are not general related to the operating system. Usually, typically, it's due to a failing power supply or bad driver.

Couple of things I'd check.

1. Verify you have the most recent bios version installed for your PC model or motherboard.

2. Manually check to see that all hardware drivers are up to date according to the product page for your PC model or on each specific hardware components manufacturer website.

3. Check the system voltage readings in your bios or download and run HWinfo, run "sensors only" and note the +3, +5 and +12v readings for the power supply.

4. Go into the device manager applet in control panel and verify there are no "remarked" hardware...
Is this a desktop or a laptop? Power issues or power related errors are not general related to the operating system. Usually, typically, it's due to a failing power supply or bad driver.

Couple of things I'd check.

1. Verify you have the most recent bios version installed for your PC model or motherboard.

2. Manually check to see that all hardware drivers are up to date according to the product page for your PC model or on each specific hardware components manufacturer website.

3. Check the system voltage readings in your bios or download and run HWinfo, run "sensors only" and note the +3, +5 and +12v readings for the power supply.

4. Go into the device manager applet in control panel and verify there are no "remarked" hardware components that stand out. If there are, download and update the drivers for that item.

5. If this was an upgrade, only, I'd seriously consider doing a clean install after backing up any important files and folders. There are a VERY high number of users who have reported a variety of problems and issues after upgrading that have been resolved by doing a clean install of the operating system. On some systems it seems that Windows 10 doesn't do a great job of carrying over installed applications, especially older applications, and tends to bring any prior issues with it during the upgrade as well.

Heres' how:

The following and has been pulled and compiled from a variety of sources, and tailored for our forum.

1) Check that the software and hardware you mostly use are comptible with Windows 10 and have drivers available

2) Make sure to update all necessary drivers and Windows updates
(Does not apply when doing a clean install)

3) Some devices might need a specific driver to operate with Windows 10, it might be a good idea to download these Windows 10 compatible versions prior to upgrading and save them to a flash drive or DVD disk in order to have them ready, just in case.

4) Backup all and any important files from your computer to a cloud service or external harddrive

5) Create recovery media for your current Windows install, if you have a OEM pc/laptop refer to the user manual or check the website of the manufacturer for how to create the recovery media for your device (some people have been unable to use the rollback feature after upgrading to Windows 10)

How to do a clean install

Dowload the ISO here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Use this tool to create USB or DVD installation media using the downloaded ISO: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Windows 10 clean install tutorial:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.